Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dec 30 P.S.

Hi, Matt.  I forgot to enclose Thomas's gift from the heart, so I will do it here.  I hope, btw, that you liked the "gift from the heart" that I sent you about our morning with Lily complete with pictures.  I also encouraged Thomas and Katrina to send you a gift from the heart.  I know Thomas did--his memories and thoughts of you.  I think Katrina did, too, but I'm not sure.

Thomas's gift from the heart to me:

We all know the story of the shoemaker and the elves, every time a poor shoemaker goes to bed ,little elves make amazing shoes for him to sell the next day and before too long, he and his wife are very well off.  Too bad we can't all have elves like that, right?  Sometimes it seems like we do though.  Ever gone to bed and it seems like the house is cleaner than it was when you went to bed?  I may not be an elf, but I do have one thing in common with elves.  I have a problem with sleeping.  So this year you're not getting a gift with ribbons and bows, no, none of that.  Your gift can't fit under a Christmas tree or in a box and you can't really touch it.  That doesn't mean it's worthless, though.  I'm sure you've guessed what my gift is by now, but I'll say it anyway.  I've been your little night elf.  why has the floor been swept really bad in the mornings?  I'm bad a sweeping.  That night that you heard someone doing dishes up stairs?  Yup.  That was me.  So for the gift from my heart to you for being your little elf, if ever my ears are feeling pointy, I'll come in and do some more elf magic.  You won't get rich like the shoemaker and his wife, and I can't make toys like Santa's elves do, but I can do what I can do to make your life just a little bit easier.

Love,

Thomas

1 comment: