Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jan 28--Letter from Matt

Happy birthday to you! happy birthday dear mommy! Happy birthday to you!!!!

"A Mexican Birthday"

Thanks Mom for the letter! How was your birthday?! You decided to celebrate yesterday right? I hope that you had a wonderful time!
So, how is your personal study of the scriptures coming along? Is your job making it harder for you to study the scriptures?

Ok, well this week Elder Sullivan and I decided that we needed to plan better. In PMG, chapter eight talks all about planning and it says that we need to do weekly planning, and it has 13 steps that are way hard to complete. Most of my mission, sadly, I have done weekly planning and then just never used any of the plans that we had made during weekly planning. This last week the Spirit really just agave me a vision (Not a literal vision, the type of vision that starts up new companies and stuff sort of vision) of how we needed to use weekly planning in our daily planning (do the 13 steps in chapter 8) but just in a briefer way. It has worked out very well! It is not at all easy, I almost dread planning every night, but it helps us get so much more work done! Man, I wish I would've done this earlier! I'm not too sad or anything though, because the Lord has His time table and I guess I was ready to start planning like that, and I was with an awesome companion that makes it possible for us to be united enough to plan like that!

Martha went to church this week!!! You may be asking: "Who's martha?!"  Martha works on Friday and Saturday selling snacks. She works a lot and I honestly thought that she wasn't going to be able to go to church. She's Janeth's mom, she is also the future mother in law of Ellery. We are way excited that she could go to church because if she starts going, pretty much the whole family is (eventually, it may take a few years) going to go to church.

"A Mexican Party"

Lupita and Rocio also went to church in Ceuta, which is way exciting becuase it was the first time that we had invited them to go to church. the Pascual family also went to church. They were inactive for a long time. We didn't even visit them, they just came to church. That's a real testimony that God is preparing the hearts of men.

I was studying D+C today actually and I stumbled across the reason why people have to get re-baptised if there baptismal record is lost.

"Now, the nature of this ordinance consists in the power of the priesthood, by the revelation of Jesus Christ, wherein it is granted that whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Or, in other words, taking a different view of the translation, whatsoever you record on earth shall be recorded in heaven, and whatsoever you do not record on earth shall not be recorded in heaven; for out of the books shall your dead be judged, according to their own works, whether they themselves have attended to the ordinances in their own propria persona, or by the means of their own agents,"
D+C128:8

"A Mexican Washer"

I would love to write more about the people or about what we're doing but I just seem to be running out of time!!!! Dag nabbit! Sorry! I hope that you have a wonderful week!
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment