Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jan 20--Letter From Matt

I don't belive that the packge has gotten here yet, as of about 2 weeks ago, it hadn't. I'm fairly certain that it hasn't gotten here yet, but I'm not sure. I'm about an hour and a half from culiacan, so I don't get notified when my pacages get to the mission office. I would call them and ask them rightnow but I can't because they are really busy right now. I'm almost sure that it hasn't gotten there

I checked with the mission office and there isn't a single package for me. So there you go.

Hey Mom, Who are we teaching? Ellery went to Church this Sunday for the first time! He said that he liked it, we are going to be visiting him today!  He's very nice and always prays about what we teach him to see if it's true or not. I'm still in the process of getting to know him better. His wife didn't go to church this Sunday though, neither did his step son, so we have to help them this week.

We are also teaching a less active family and this is the third Sunday in a row that Martina (The Matriarch of the family) has gone to church. This year her new-year goal is to bring every one of her sons and daughters to church. I like Martina's family! They're very fun people, When we went to her house this Sunday, what we assume was a road runner was chasing her grand kids around and screeching at them. It looked like a very demonic chicken whatever it was.

Kareli didn't go to church, which is bad, she didn't wake up. We talked to her later that day on Sunday. We're trying to understand what she needs.

What am I studying? Well, I just read about Abinadi, those chapters are very good chapters and I loved reading them! I don't have anything specific right now.

I'm sorry for this short letter,  I'm going to write more next week.

Elder Oliver and Elder Wilde got transferred to other places in the mission, Elder Wilde didn't go too far, he's still in the zone, and so we're going to see him every now and again, but Elder Oliver is long gone! Haha, Elder Juarez is going to get here as our new District Leader and He's going to be training Elder Martinez. Elder Sullivan is still my companion! :)
Love you!
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment