Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This Week's Email From Matt


To start off, don't give out this E-mail to anyone that isn't family, if you can give them directions on how to use DearElder to send me letters, I can't write friends w/email. 

Ok so last week on Sunday, we didn't have a single investigator at church, we were kinda down-hearted, and in the dumps but we worked as hard as we could this week and for this Sunday we had 11investigators at church! That's really a miracle, it's also important because if the investigator doesn't go to church at least 2 times, they can't be baptized and we have to drop them. so things are looking up, we still have to work our tails off but that was really a tender mercy of the lord.

Dad, We do a lot of street contacting because in Mexico, or at 

least in Los Mochis, a lot of people sit outside of their house, and if they are walking, they are almost never in a hurry. Happy Birthday! A funny experience this week was that we were eating dinner with a family and we finished and they brought out the desert and we were eating it and the dad asked me "Elder, le hace dulce la postre?" that being translated means: Hey, is the desert too sweet? I understood it as: Is the desert sweet to you? and so I replied: Sí sí hermano, muy Dulce! which means yeah, very sweet. haha! his wife got a little distraught and said that she tried to make it good but the mangos were too sweet haha!

 The town has about a quarter of a million people, and it's pretty huge, I'd send you a picture but the computer I'm using doesn't recognise my camera, next week I will. 

Katrina, I asked you a question last week, you gonna answer me? :) Thomas: That's awesome bud! Go out there and do good! On and off the feald! (how the heck do you spell feald?) Do you think you are going to keep on doing football? Mom and Dad: I will tell you what's up but there is a big chance (99%) that I won't be able to follow your advice, because 1 there is a week delay, and 2, we have a mission doctor on call to tell us what to do and, also, Hermana Cantú is literally like a mom away from home. 

For the planner, we change the planners every 6 weeks, they hold a lot of important information like where our investigators live an such, I can't randomly get a new one but I'm sure the things that you sent will help a lot. That's why I asked for a removable cover but It would be next to impossible to get one w/o measurements. Thank you for sending the package and I really hope it does get here.... I don't know if it will though. Gotta go! sorry I didn't answer everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment