Monday, August 20, 2012

Aug 20--Email from Matt

Hey, how are all of you?!
OK to answer any and all of the questions.... Dad, on P-day , we clean the house, sort of; buy groceries for the week; write letters; and we have a weekly meeting that we do. something always comes up though and we never have time. Last weeks were.. Changes? I think that's what they are called in English, and we got up super early and did stuff for missionaries. This week we are going to Liverpool to get little ceasers pizza. hahah! you are probably thinking that we don't work or anything like that, just know that we are doing all of that in 85-95 temperatures with 40-50% humidity, it isn't fun.  ha, favorite food... probably carne asada, although there has been lots of awesome things. 

Mom, the changes (transfers) are every 6 weeks (aka month and a half) we will be changing in 5 more weeks and that is when I will officially end my training too. This passed change I staid here in Los Mochis, the next change, I don't know. There are 17 changes in the mission. I'm not counting down, well I am but in a different way. You all might think that I've only been out for a little while but the time is passing so fast that I feel like I wont have enough. 

Another fun fact is that we really only work for about 10 months of the 2 years that we are here. how do I know? well we are here for 24 months, there are 24 hours in a day, so when you look at it we only work 10 hours of the day, so that comes out to 10 months, but even then that's not counting P-days and Sundays with church. I really like it here.

Well you all asked after my investigators so I'll tell you about them. We are going to baptize this week, for sure we are going to baptize a little 8 year old girl. Her mom might get baptized and her brother might too. As for the others, we are still teaching another man, I think I told you about him. He's in a wheel chair, cant move his left side, he is around 70 years old but he looks a lot younger. We taught him the word of wisdom but he has a lot of problems with it. He also really wants to be able to walk again, and thinks that getting baptized will heal him. It wont. He also really likes that we come and visit him. He is trying to give up smoking and drinking, I would really appreciate if you could all pray for him. We are also teaching a family. The dad isn't a member and he says it's because he hasn't gotten an answer that this church is true. We are trying to show him that he actually has gotten an answer but that maybe he just hasn't recognised it. He is really awesome, he reads in the B.o.M. and everything. He says that he wants to be baptized but he doesn't want to put a date with us because he doesn't want to feel obligated to us. Hopefully he will put that date with God. There are others but those are the ones that we are really teaching right now. 

Dad, yeah this mission is very different, like our Mission President doesn't care about if our shoes are shined because it's impossible to do that here. (I say that as an example because I remember you saying something like that before I came) 

 (To one of the kids)  I know that you are being helped by reading your scriptures and saying prayers. Sometimes we are like fish with water. Fish don't notice that they have water all around them because they live in the ocean, but without it, they would die. It's the same with blessings from God, we have so much all of the time that sometimes we don't even know that they are there, Take them away... and... it's very bad. I know that you will be blessed for reading and praying. Oh, haha, if you really want a song to think about me, you could listen to homeward bound by Motab, haha. 

 Katrina, tell me what's up in drama, what plays are you going to do? What are you going to do for your Birth Day? Miriam, what do you mean health problems? You doin' ok? What are you going to do in school? Are you taking many classes or relaxing? Thomas, How is your life going? What else have you been doing from football? It really is hitting me hard that you will be 16 when I get back, Crap, you will all be grown up! dang. 

Mom, Thanks for the E-mails, I really enjoy reading them. I feel great. it's been about 80 degrees at night here, I almost need to sleep with a sheet. I eat a lot of fruits and stuff. so don't worry about that. Dad, I had no idea that you were doing adult ed. What exactly is that? GD? How is your life going? Are YOU reading your scriptures? haha, You still high off of Disneyland?

Well that's about all of the time that I have, I was going to send pictures but something isn't working. This computer is very old, hopefully it's that... I miss you all! bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment