Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Email from Matt From Last Week--Comments for the Fam, Requests for Stuff, Comments on the Picts






Hey, well if you want to you can post the address to the mission offices on there (Face book). As for pictures.... No, I don't think so. the same for the letters. If someone wants to talk to me they can write a letter. Anyway, I'm tempted to end right there because that's all of the questions you asked. ;) I will continue to write though.



To start off, Dad, My companion heard that Walt Disney was a Mormon, is there any truth to that? How are you all? Miriam, did the wedding give you any ideas for yours? Will you wait till I get home so I can be at your wedding? Are you all jealous that mom got to see Lily and you didn't? What's happening in Spanish Fork? School's starting again isn't it? Thomas, What the Heavens is a free safety? I'm super glad that you like it. Mom, I don't really tell you all about how I'm physically doing because I don't want you (mom) to freak out. (no nothing is wrong, I haven't been sick, yes I'm eating healthy, We get a TON of exercise, and just pretend that I answered your questions correctly) Katrina, That's cool, the whole nothing going on thing ha-ha, I hope that school is great for you and you will have to tell me about it! Hey what's that book called about those kids... and they do magic. ok that was super specific, like one girl has living metal on her hand, another works with earthquakes another with sewing and a little boy that I don't remember. Dad, yeah that would take a long time. I was actually talking to my companion about our trip to Nauvoo, and your strange fascination with a tree ;) We don't talk about Joseph Smith a ton, we do teach about him and tell about the first vision but it's not every lesson.



That reminds me, I need some stuff.... I need white pants, a white tie, and a white belt. The pants... let's say 36 inches wide by 32 long, easy to clean and basically bulletproof (not pure wool) the tie needs to be a tie, it would be cool if it looked cool but it doesn't really matter. The belt... this is a little tricky, I want a bet that can go down to 32. I know that it is going to be expensive to send that and I'm really sorry but I forgot about cloths for baptism. also if you could send... this is hard to explain too. one of the pictures that I'm sending you is of my missionary planner. If you could send like a cover sort of thing, something that I could place over it and then remove and put on a new planner that would be absolutely wonderful, but not necessary if you can't send it. If you can send the package, you would send it to the address that I already gave you and you would have to use Fed Ex or UPS or something other than the Mexican mail system, it isn't super reliable, if you would rather I could try to find some pants but it would be pretty darn hard because we could only go on a Monday and I don't even know where we would go, but we could. anyway enough about that.

This week has been hard, we have been working hard but we have also been dropping a lot of investigators, we haven’t actually baptized someone in this change, which is ok because we opened the area but it's been pretty hard. I'm used to the walking all day and to be honest, it isn't that bad. the hard part is watching people make the choices that just aren’t good. Thanks mom for talking about freedom of will, yeah we always have to remember that.

 The picture of the statue that I sent you is of... Saint Guadalupe, Don't look for her in the bible, you wont find her. here in Mexico she is the mother of God, and I think the child that she's holding is supposed to be God. I really don't know what more to talk about, it would really help me to have some more questions to be able to have ideas to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment