Monday, August 27, 2012

Aug 20--Weekly Dear Elder Concluded--Visits from Family, etc

Today is Sunday.  I didn’t go to our ward because, since I am in the stake young women presidency, I attended another ward’s ward conference.  Thomas also didn’t go to church because he is sick with a fever.  Weird, huh?  We haven’t had anyone sick for ages.  If he’s still got one tomorrow, I’ll probably have to take him in for a strep test.  He says if he has to get a shot, I owe him ice cream.  After church we took Grandma for a ride and she had a nice time reading every sign she could see.  Miriam, Katrina, and I made dinner which will be meatballs and fresh tomato and basil sauce.  I tried to make balsamic glaze by boiling down balsamic vinegar, but I cooked it too long, and now we have balsamic candy.  It’s actually quite sweet and good.  Both Renee’s family and Paul are coming over later to see Grandma, and she is looking forward to that.


Well, Matt, it’s time to send out this email.  Fall is on its way, and the colors are changing in the mountains.  My plants and flowers are at their best, and seeing their beauty brings me lots of joy.  Dad and the kids are settling down to school, Jon is living with us until he finds an apartment, and I am working out my daily routine.  It is nice to have a calm in our lives to take a breath and prepare for whatever storms are ahead.  We are reading our family scriptures and having family prayer.  Most of us also are reading our personal scriptures and praying daily.  Lately in my scripture study, Heavenly Father has reminded me to exercise my faith, to care more about Him than the world, to remember His blessings and the manifestations of His spirit and to remember that he will always be with me.  I have also been warned that the Spirit of God will not always strive with man, and to always heed that Spirit.

To answer your last email, first I have to thank you for writing so faithfully.  I know you are busy.  I love getting your emails and reading about how you are doing.  I like reading your breakdown of how many months straight that you are preaching the gospel on your mission.  It is wonderful!  How was Dalia’s baptism?  Did her mother and brother get baptized also?  I admire Ocatavio’s faith.  If his faith is strong enough, and it is Heavenly Father’s will, he will healed.  If Noe continues to read the Book of Mormon, I can’t imagine him not being baptized.  It exhorts it’s readers to do good continually, to come unto Christ, and fills them with the Holy Ghost.  I love you very much and am so glad that you love the Lord and have consecrated your life to serving him.  Although I miss you, I know you are where Heavenly Father needs you to be, and you are in my prayers always.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment