Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Aug 15--Dear Elder: Out with Brian, Skyping With Lily, etc.

Dear Elder,

Thank you so much for the email!  It is my goal to sit down and read it as a family and write back to you as a fam, answering all your questions.  Normally I would have us do that on Monday night, but on Monday, Dad and I went out of town for Dad’s work and stayed over at Best Western.  Dad was in classes till 3:30 on Monday and till 1:30 on Tuesday.  On Monday while Dad was in classes, I slept.  Then I woke up and went to our favorite teryaki place for lunch with Dad.  Then I did finances and slept.  It was so nice to sleep!  After 3:30 Dad and I went shopping at the outlet stores and bought Dad work clothes for the coming school year and me two shirts and a purse. 

Monday evening was the highlight of the trip because after eating dinner, we went walking.  You know the street on a hill where all the businesses are?  We parked near the top and first walked past what was left of the restaurants and shops and then up past many picturesque houses, most of them displaying ribbons for being historic.  Actually, all of them had ribbons and we began to laugh at how even the worst houses had an award for something.  We passed an old shed leaning to one side with a rotting roof and I said, “just wait, that will have a ribbon, too”, and it did!   It was so much fun to walk up the hill hand in hand with Dad.  Soon the houses stopped and we were walking on a dirt road with pine trees on either side.  We walked until it got too steep and I told Dad my heels couldn’t take the steepness so we turned around. 

Tuesday I planned to sleep till check out, but messed around instead.  After checking out, Cassandra called and wanted to Skype so I Skyped in the lobby where I could get wifi.  I probably looked pretty silly baby talking into the computer screen, but I don’t care.  I had a blast talking to Lily.  She was happy to see me and gave me a big smile and waved a lot and called me grandma.  She rode her little pony for me, did her crab dance, and clapped her hands a lot.  She now has a Pooh Bear bigger than she is, and held it and patted it on the back.  Cassandra says that Lily figured out that Emerson puts her to bed, and now in the evenings, whenever Emerson picks her up for any reason, Lily calls for Cassandra to save her.  That’s pretty funny especially since Emerson has got to be the funnest dad in the whole world.   I really can’t wait till we can Skype again.

Jon called, too.  He’s going to come home some weekend—maybe this one—and he and Dad are going to work on his car together which will be a good thing because he (Jon) has been pretty worried about it.  He keeps bugging me to send the jaw breaker that Sarah got him.  Some things never change, ha ha.  He and Thomas Skyped last night, and he is lookin’ good.

After Skyping with Cass and Lily, I went a shopping.  I bought a dress, and then when Dad and I got home, I had another dress waiting for me from UPS.  Dad ordered it on the internet a few days ago, a very scary thing to do without me trying it on, and I have been stressing out about it ever since, but it looks wonderful so now I have a little black dress, and Dad is the dress buying hero. 

  For dinner, Dad, Grandma, Katrina, Thomas, and I all ate together.  I made chicken-squash rolls.  It was yummy.  No, really.  It was. Guess you had to be thereJ  Miriam also liked them when she got home, and we all had a nice time visiting.  Later we watched some old black and white Disney cartoons as a fam and then finally went to bed.  Now it’s Wednesday and I need to go exercise.  Talk to you tomorrow, Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment