Saturday, August 18, 2012

Aug 18--Dear Elder Continued: Overnighter, Family News, etc.


Well, It’s actually Saturday now.  The time has really flown.  Can you believe that the kids start school the day after you’ll get this email?  Boy, does time fly.  The week is a blur.  I do know that I’ve been exercising a lot which is good.  I got a couple of chances to talk to Jonathan and Cassandra.  Jonathan is hoping for more hours with his work than they are giving him, so I’ve been praying for that.  He moved into a new apartment, and school starts up for him soon.  Cassandra found an old pacifier (binky) laying around and so when Lily got hurt, Cassandra gave it to her.  Lily quieted right down and went quietly to sleep.  They’ve been using it to get her to sleep ever since.  It’s pretty funny that a one year old would take to a binky that easily.  Lily has been eating lots of solid foods, and has been very busy. 

Dad and I went out on a date last night.  We ate at our favorite deli, walked for a nice long time, and watched “Airborne Creed” the second “Saints and Soldiers” movie which we liked.  My favorite part of the date, though was walking and talking with Dad.  I also got to go shopping with Miriam on Thursday night and Katrina during the day yesterday.  I cherish the times we have together because everyone is so busy.  Thomas and I have been like ships passing in the night this week, I guess.  I look forward to watching his game with the family.  It is in Pleasant Grove and he has to be there by six.  The game isn’t till 7:00, so I guess we’ll picnic there while we wait.  I also hope to mow today and to get Grandma out on the deck while I do it.  Dad and out neighbor, Chris, plan to fix the fence between our properties that keeps falling over.  This time Dad plans to use a cement-core fence post.  We hope that will keep it from rotting. 

Pretty exciting stuff, eh?  Oh, I am also on the PTA board which should make you laugh since I don’t think I’ve ever signed up for PTA in my life.  This year, they sent a sheet asking what we wanted to do to volunteer, and I didn’t sign up for anything, but I did write a note stating that I could help with “e” time for a half hour a day.  I figured that since I’m home all day with Grandma I could run over for that long every day.  I didn’t sign up for the PTA, and I didn’ pay any dues.  Later, I got a call to attend a meeting and next thing you know I’m sitting around a big table with a bunch of PTA ladies and a PTA binder is being passed to me.  I am now officially known as the “e” time coordinator.  So there you go.  My job is to organize and participate in tutoring reading during “e” time.  I wonder what "e" stands for.

Grandpa and Grandma are still in the state, but they are up north so we haven’t seen them since Sunday.  I hope they are having a good time.  Sarah’s family is moving Monday.  They sort of have a house lined up if the bank ok’s it, and they have some of their kids enrolled in school, so that’s all good.  Renee, Becky, and Bethany visited Grandma while Dad and I were gone, and she liked that.  I know she’ll be a happier camper when school starts up again and things slow down a bit.  She’s had lots of company from the kids, but hasn’t gotten out much.  Wellp, that’s it for now.  I’ll write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment