Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19--Dear Elder: Week's Installment #2

Now it's Sunday.  Thursday night we went to Katrina's piano recital at the church where she played, "If I Can't Love Her" from Beauty and the Beast.  It's a beautiful song, and Katrina did a good job.  I even remembered to take a picture thanks to Dad reminding me.

That night we ended up at the kitchen table talking together.  Dad, Jon, Miriam, Katrina, Thomas, and I were all there.  That doesn't happen very often!  It went late, but it was worth it.

Friday night Katrina went to a yearbook signing party, and Miriam and Jon were working.  Thomas and I met Dad at the laundry and set out to get food before meeting Sarah, Rosie, Jessica, Henry, and Elizabeth's family at Kiwanis park.  I was a bit sad that not more of my kids could go.  As we ordered our food, first Miriam called to say she was coming, then Jon.  The guy at the register was very patient while we kept adding to our order, ha ha.  We had a fun time at the park talking and visiting with everyone.  I'm so glad that three of the kids could be there!  It was good to see Sarah and Rosie and Elizabeth' family; I'd been looking forward to seeing them all day.  The only sad thing about it--I forgot to take pictures!!!

Yesterday was cold and rainy.  Miriam went to work.  She says she is taking an $80 class to help her pass the test.  $$$!  It is really supposed to help, though.  Thomas went to orientation at the water park, and Dad went to work at the laundry.  Katrina went to choir.  After Katrina got home, Dad got home, too.  He said he didn't feel like working anymore.  We went shopping instead and bought some beach shoes.  We are going on an under ground water expedition on our cruise and needed shoes for it.  Katrina got shoes, too.  Later, Dad and I went out and it was lots of fun.

Today we are going to Miriam's seminary graduation.  I'm so proud of her for graduating from seminary.  I also have tons of camp meetings.  Since we won't have much family time, we are going to have a breakfast together this morning.  We will re-read your letter so that they will be ready to write to you today.  Sorry they don't say much when they write to you, Matt.  They don't say much to me either, ha ha.  On school days, I have to bribe them with skittles to tell me about their day.

Work went well last week.  I had a party for the afternoon kids because it was their last day for the school year.  They were all supposed to bring a treat if they could.  All the girls brought a treat (including me) and none of the boys, ha ha.  The girls were very disgusted with the boys, of course, so I said that the girls should choose the games and activities and who went first.  Everyone, boys and girls, thought that was fair, and good feelings were restored all around.  It was a fun party.

No comments:

Post a Comment