Sunday, May 5, 2013

April 29: More Letter From Matt


Mom, Well... I do need a new camera. I really don't know what else I would need.... Let's see, the mission gives me enough for food, hygiene, and, every once and a while, clothing. my shoes are in excellent condition and it's likely that they last until the end... And so My question to you, mom, is what else would I buy?

Our house is clean thank you for giving me those three steps, I just seem to mess up on the last one, keeping it going. haha.

I have started to keep a journal. I do but it's not as stead as I'd like it to be.

Dad, If it makes you feel any better, you'll always be on the dark side in my eyes... ahha. I am glad that you are able to not go to Disneyland for a change. and I'm glad to hear that the kids finally got to choose.

Katrina, what makes you think that I have money for those sort of things?!?!?! (Blog note:  in her letter to Matt, Katrina told him that he could take her to Tucanos  restaurant when he gets home)  haaha, ok, no, how about I make you a nice dinner in the house, there'll be a lot of Mexican food and it will taste really good, but you'll probably have to start eating spicy ok?

Miriam, my previous argument still stands, I've known you for longer. haha, still, just force yourself to sit down for 5 min. Five, put a timer, and we'll see what I get this next week.

Sorry I'm going to have to count my E-chatting as part of this letter.

As for what's been happening this week, well we were talking to a father and a mother, they got married two or three years ago. They are both RMs  (returned missionaries) and the Father has an x-wife, and other children that live with their mom. We were talking to them and, well the conversation just wasn't going anywhere and I decided (finally) that we needed the guidance of the Spirit. So during a lull in the conversation I started listening for that subtle voice that I've come to know as the Holy Ghost, and nothing came, my companion Elder Campos, also staid pretty quiet, then, without saying anything, they started to tell us about their matrimony and how they met, the hopes of being able to be sealed in the temple and the worries of the father for his other kids. Again, we waited for the guidance of the Holy Ghost, and we both thought of Isaias 58. We read verse 12 to them, after that we read another scripture in Esdres or something like that. we didn't say much, we just committed them to fast with deeper intentions, and to pray together more often.

After that, I pulled out a picture of Lehi's dream, and we pointed to the people holding on to the Iron Rod and partaking of the fruit and we said that they were in that process, partaking of the Joy of the Gospel, and then I pointed at the people in the Darkness and temptations and we said that we look for those people, the people with out the Gospel in their lives, and then, we said simply: ''Who are they?'' To make a long story short, our hands got tired from writing down names and addresses (of people who might be interested in hearing the gospel).

I know that the spirit was guiding that lesson, we said things that we had never said before, used examples that we hadn't thought of, and I know that the only way that we could've done that is with the help of the Holy Ghost.

I love you all!!! Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment