Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 13--Letter From Matt

This is Arturo.  We took it this last Wednesday.

Hi.  How are you?  Thanks for Monday's email!  Hey, how's it going? ok
I already E-mailed Katrina so we are going to move right on to.....

Thomas, Happy birthday!!!! How's it going buddd???? Are you enjoying your new gifts and puberty? Hahaha, so, you noticed that did you? Yeah, it really sucks to grow up and not be able to do dumb things any more. Hows the big: ''One Five''? you are now officially annoying according to people that are older than 15, but don't worry, those who are your age or younger will adore you. Stay safe budd.

Miriam, I'm thinking of making a copy paste that tells you to write me more, tell me about your work if you spend so much time there, who are your co-workers? your boss? Are they doing anything interesting right now in work? what else is going on? TELLL MEEEEE!!!!

Dad, Thanks for the letter, its cool how you can plan out a whole day that Mom really likes, you must have been married to her for like... more than half of your life or something like that...haha. Well your letter was fascinating and I spent like 2 hours reading about gardening and stuff like that haha.

Mom, don't worry, you are a great mom, and we all love you! I did get a chance to read your letter, for one hour I print off the letters that everyone sends me and write a few letters, and then through the day I read the letters that I've printed off and think about how I want to answer, and then we get on the Internet for another hour and I answer your letters. There you go!

Well I don't know what to write now that we talked and cried and all that good stuff this Sunday, let's see, so after I got off of skype with you guys, we hit the street and something happened that was very interesting. We were walking down the street and I saw a guy sitting on the curb and I felt the impression to talk to him, but I didn't have the guts to or I thought that it was more important that we went to the appointment that we had then talk to him, or something like that, and we passed him. Immediately, I felt the Spirit retreat from me and a wrenching in my heart as the warm feeling that had been there, suddenly, disappeared. In fronted with that feeling I turned around, tapped Elder Campos on the shoulder and we went and talked to him, it was pretty normal, I mean he didn't tell us that we were an answer to his prayer or anything cool like that, but we left a pamphlet behind and left, after that, we passed another man sitting on a low wall, smoking a cigarette, after we passed him my companion turned around and headed back to talk to him. This time the man was a little crude and used a lot of foul language and didn't accept our message and said he was ''just fine thank you.'' After that, we passed a young guy who was like 23-25ish and as we were walking away, I turned to my companion and said: ''I think we need to turn around and talk to him.'' He said, ''He's number three!'' So we did. Honestly, I think that he had been smoking weed (sorry mom, it's the truth) because he was just a little bit too calmed down. Anyway, he showed us where he lived, talked to us about his family and told us how important they were to him. We have an appointment to go see him again.

Anyway, I think the Lord sometimes tests us to see if we are going to follow Him or not, we had to pass through 2 people before we got to the person that needed to hear us.

No comments:

Post a Comment