Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12--Dear Elder, Next Installment

Wow, how could it be Sunday already?  We get to Skype with you today.  Yay!!  I can't wait.

Let's see...Wednesday is just a blur.  Dad and Cassandra both told me that looking for houses is a maybe thing, if it comes to that, which it probably won't.  That's cool.  It is very possible that the best place for them to be is right where they are.  They live in a beautiful area, have a wonderful ward, and a very nice home.  I do remember ordering a Mother's Day gift for Grandma.  I hope she likes it--it's kind of practical.

 I'll have to skip to Thursday.  On Thursday I thought that I was going to take Thomas shopping for clothes since he's down to only one pair of jeans, and then go visiting teaching that night, but that's not the way it turned out.  First, I felt like I should go to the temple instead, so I did.  It was wonderful to be there, I felt so much peace and so close to Heavenly Father.  After that, I stopped by the laundry to say "hi" to Dad before going home.  My visiting teaching appointment fell through, so I ended up staying there to help him put up a railing.  It was fun to be with him and visit and help.  Thomas was at the school dance so we couldn't have gone shopping anyway.  Then he went to young men's.  Katrina was at school getting things done, and Miriam was working.  After work, Miriam was kind enough to get Thomas from young men's and go shopping shopping, so he got his clothes after all.

Friday I bought some flowers for the yard.  That night, Dad went to a guy's night out with a bunch of nerds like him--his description, not mine, ha ha, Miriam worked late, and Katrina went to the Last Chance dance, so me and Thomas hung out together.  We watched a movie and ate food including jalapeno Cheetos, Thomas's favorite.  It was lots of fun.  Katrina said the dance was a blast, and Dad enjoyed his time with the guys.

 Katrina and Ashton leaving to get their dates.


Yesterday Thomas got to go to the amusement park with the jazz band.  He came home really happy, so I think that he enjoyed it.  They performed at a school nearby and then went to the park. Miriam worked, surprise, surprise, and Katrina's friends came over to practice lines for a play.  I bought more yard stuff and did lots of weeding.  Dad was at the laundry.  When he got home, we cleared out the tomato patch, which was over run with grass, laid down black weed barrier that I bought at Costco, and planted tomatoes.  We also cleared and leveled the front flower bed and planted some new bushes.  Pretty boring, huh?  Well, that's what I wanted for Mother's Day, so I'm happy.  We also planted lots of flowers in pots.  Hurray!!!  We didn't get it all done, but we got more of it done than we would have thanks to Miriam who drove Katrina to her concert early while we stayed home and worked.  Later Dad and I met Miriam and we three had a nice time listening to Katrina sing.

Can you find Katrina?

This morning, Dad is making a nice Mother's Day breakfast with Miriam's help.   Miriam is going to our ward in honor of Mother's Day, and after church, we are going to Skype with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment