Friday, February 1, 2013

I Met my Goals!

Wednesday morning I made 2 goals.  One was to have dinner as a family, which I always try to do anyway, and the other was to talk to Cassandra on the phone, or to another family member if I couldn't get a hold of Cassandra.

Well, I met the goals, but the one that I thought would happen automatically, didn't, and the one that I planned to reach out to do, came to me.  Instead of me calling Cassandra, she called me and asked me if I wanted to Skype, which she does regularly, and I was so happy that she called.  She and Lily and I Skyped for an hour.  Jon also Skyped a bit and so did Miriam and Katrina when they got home from school.  Thomas was at play practice.  We had such a fun time Skyping.  Lily interacts more and more when we Skype.

My goal to have family dinner was much harder because by dinner making time I was very sick.  I ate an apple, and just around five, my stomach started hurting so bad, I couldn't get off my chair to move to the couch and lay down.  I sat on the chair and told the kids what to do, and they cooked.  When Brian got home, he helped me to the couch.  I was hurting really bad.  Once dinner was made, though, my stomach stopped hurting.  I know, I know.  How convenient.  But it's true!!  I was able to walk to the table and be with the family.  Afterward, I got up to get the dishwasher going, but by then my fever was high, and Brian put me to bed.  Anyway, that's how my goals went.  

Yesterday, I didn't even try to make dinner.  I just laid on the couch all day.  Today I am up and at 'em, hopefully for good although I'll probably have to take a nap.   We will be tearing out the kitchen tonight and tomorrow in preparation for the tile guys to come on Monday.  Fun stuff.  Brian is getting a sore throat.  We are both hoping his sickness is mild and/or holds off till we get the kitchen moved.  

1 comment:

  1. It's cool that you took a break on Thursday. You were making me tired there for a minute!

    ReplyDelete