Monday, February 18, 2013

Feb 18--Letter from Matt--Yay!


Mom, Wow, you sure did respond to that last letter I wrote ha ha! It was just an in-sight but I did appreciate your long letter. Ok, about the ''Almost got abducted'' Thing... well, don't worry about it. I would write about it but it would take way too long and it isn't very exciting, and nothing dangerous happened. That's great that you got to go to the temple! I wish I could go there too. There are so much things to learn there. (D+C 76:1-10) Turns out that he wasn't just talking about enjoying life more (my mission president) He meant that I wasn't magnifying my calling enough, which, really, is enjoying the mission, I'll write about my week later on in the letter. and BT dubbs, I got my 2 Birthday packages!!! Yay!!! ha ha, thank you!

Miriam, It is nice to hear about your week and that you had to force feed the family this week. I'm sorry that you all have to eat out! :P What is Nicklemania? Is it nicklecade? or is it better? I can think of no better way to spend Valentine's day than playing video games ha ha. How is school? How's that kid that you always hang out with? Don't get married until I get back and I hope that you are doing well too!

Katrina: How old are you? I thought you were like 15 years old........... oops. Well that's too bad that you haven't been able to go on a date for Valentine's day! :P What did you play for the dinner?! That's really cool that you can preform in front of people on the piano.

Thomas, What did you do stand-up about? did you record it? This next quote is a quote from your letter that you wrote me last week, I didn't understand what you meant: ''Haha we did the next thing yesterday too, it was pretty fun.'' What next thing...?

Dad, Well... That sounds pretty bad, especially about Vic. Is he going to be ok? How are the cabinets coming along? Write more about your week and then just take out the ''blaaaa's'' ha ha :)

Ok, to answer some questions... First off, I got changed from my other area, I am now in..........(drum roll please Thomas....).............. Cabo San Lucas!!!! That's right ladies and gentlemen, Cabo San Lucas that beautiful little town where mom and dad spent a few days one time!!! you only saw the ''pretty'' part of town, you didn't get to see the ram shackle houses and the unpaved street with half way done construction. I am now with Elder Rodriguez, Mom, was my other companion serious? well... you could say that. We just seemed to disagree in a lot of things.

What are some things that I did last week? Well I was in seminary for most of the time but I got to work over there in Culiacan with Elder Valencia, we got to put in practice a lot of things that we learned in seminary.
One of the most important things that I learned because of seminary was that if we don't want to do something we don't do it. There are few times that we cannot do something if we do not want to do it. For example... We had just walked out of the chapel and on to the street when we saw an older woman walking down the sidewalk with grocery bags in both hands, I offered to help her and she thanked me and gave one bag to me and another to my companion. We walked to her house and we introduced ourselves and started talking about religion. I had in my mind the idea that we were going to apply everything that we had learned in seminary with this woman and that something awesome was going to happen, what really happened was that my companion dropped his bag off, I did too, and he said good bye and that it was a pleasure to meet her, and he left, I followed him. As we were walking away, in my mind I was thinking about why my expectations hadn't been fulfilled, why something miraculous hadn't happened. I thought about the fact that we needed to get on a bus to go to the area where we were going to work, I thought about how she was catholic and it wasn't very likely that she was going to listen to us; as all of these things were running through my mind, a strong impression fell upon me. The words: ''You didn't do it because you didn't WANT to,'' entered into my mind. In that moment, I knew that I could do anything that I wanted to do for the Lord. There isn't a thing that he has prepared for me to do that I cant do if I want to do it. I learned a lot of other very important things that I am going to use to improve my time here as a missionary but that is the key to every thing. A strong desire to carry out the Lord's will. With that, everything else falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment