Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb 11--Letters To Matt


Hey Matt,
So mom told me to write to you and I replied with “What, do you want to me to tell him about all of the TV shows that I have watched?” I said that because I have been sick for the past two weeks with a slight cough and still going to school but this past week the cough got a lot worse, on Monday I missed early morning seminary on Tuesday I missed all morning of school and on Wednesday I was able to make it to my first period but on Thursday I just did not want to go to school, so I didn’t.  I was lucky cus Miriam didn’t go to school either, me and Miriam were sick all weekend and stayed downstairs the whole weekend too, Katrina was super nice and helpful the whole entire time and we thanked her a lot. So when mom told me to write you a letter that is why I said what I did and mom told me to do it. But I decided not to. I was watching "the other side of heaven" and you know the part where they almost starve to death? Well apparently the elder only told his mom that he had a slight problem with the food, is that what kind of stuff that you are doing to us? Are you actually getting mugged every day by Mexicans? I hope not, even though that would make a good missionary story.
-Thomas

Matt,
Like Thomas said, he and I have been sick since about Thursday. It’s no big deal, just a cough. We just didn’t take it easy when we should have been. Preston and I were able to hang out on Saturday night though, which was a lot of fun. Tomorrow, I’m going to wash hut with Preston and his mom to help them do laundry. I found out that their washing machine has been broken, so dad is going to have his friend fix it and then have me and Preston work to pay for it. That’s about all with my life! How are things going for you?
Miriam

Dear Elder,
Well, life right now is…stressful and that’s about it.  School’s harder than I’m used to.  It’s nothing though.  I haven’t been sick this week at least.  In Children’s Choir, we’ve been singing about how the golden plates were found.  We’ve been talking a lot about it.  I don’t really know as much about Church History as I do about other things, so it’s good to learn.  You’ve been out almost a year.  Is it strange to think of home now?  I hope that you can send a letter to us this time.
Love,
Katrina

Dear Elder,
Hi!  How are you?  I’m so sorry that your letter got deleted last week.  That is so frustrating!  I hope you can tell us some of it this week.  Who are you teaching these days?  How is your companion?  Have you had any chances to give service?  What is life in Mexico like these days?  Do you need anything?  I hope you are buying the things you need and not just making do.

We are all hanging in there.  Thomas was home sick 2 ½ days last week and will be staying home again tomorrow (Monday).  Miriam also stayed home for 2 days, but will be able to go back to school tomorrow.  I hope Thomas will be able to make up all the work he’s missing.  They have had coughs and fevers.

The house is all torn up this week, but the tile is in and looks wonderful.  The cabinets will be in this coming week, and then will come the counter tops and carpet in the middle of next week.  We are very tired of having figure out where to buy dinner every night, but we have quite a few more of these type of dinners left.  Luckily, we got a refund because they didn’t have to use the under flooring we bought.  It’s a pretty hefty refund and will more than pay for all the eating out we have to do.

Wednesday I am leaving for Jessica’s wedding.  I’m so excited!  I get to watch Lily all day Friday after the wedding and before the reception.  Then I get to visit the Cassandra, Emerson, and Lily till the next Tuesday.  It will be so great!  I hope Lily survives the long day Friday, though, and doesn’t hate the sight of me after it all since I will be the babysitter.

This weekend, Dad and I went to a couple’s retreat.  It was fun, and we saw a moose when we were taking a walk.  Today (Sunday) I went to a ward conference and taught the young women of the ward.  I had them discuss things in a group and then teach what they learned.  They did a wonderful job!

I also substituted twice this last week.  I have to sub 3 more times this month or they will fire me.  It’s kind of stressful to have that hanging over my head.  I am really tired of subbing because it’s impossible to have a routine when I work irregularly.  I applied for 2 part time jobs in the schools last week, but haven’t heard back on them.  You pretty much have to know people at the school in order to be hired, and they weren’t schools that I’m familiar with.

Well, that’s what’s going on here.  That and lots of snow.  It will be awesome to get away from cold weather for a week, hopefully!  Well, tell your companion “hi,” for me.  I love you, Matt, and miss you, but I am so proud of you and the hard work you are doing.  Hang in there and don’t get discouraged, with God, all things are possible!
Love,
Mom

Dear Matt,
Hi how are you my son?  I hope that things are going well in your life.  Mom and I got to go to a marriage retreat, it featured Brad Wilcox and good food.  Needless to say I and Mom really enjoyed it.  Miriam and Thomas have been really sick all week, they finally missed school and Thomas missed church today.  Tonight we decided to watch Ben Hur, I really like that movie, we only got the first two hours and twenty minutes done tonight and then we read a Priesthood session conference talk by Pres Monson talking about how we need to see people as how they can be rather than how they are.

Well, that pretty much sums up my life for the week, other than that our kitchen is still ripped out and Mom will be leaving on Wednesday so I will be all alone on Valentine's day, sigh, actually I told her to go ahead and go to Jessica's wedding and then spend a week at LilyLand.  I really hope that I don't get sick, I keep thinking that I will and then I don't so I hope I really don't.  Well, I love you and pray for you.
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment