Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dear Matt--Saturday's installment


Hi.  Today is Saturday and I am having a wonderful time visiting Emerson, Cassandra, and Lily.

I got in Tuesday evening and caught a shuttle to their house.  Wednesday was such a wonderful day.  I got reacquainted with Lily and had lots of fun visiting with Cassandra.  We shopped at Walmart and then we helped Lily make a valentine for her Daddy.  After that, we met Emerson for lunch and gave him the valentine.  In the afternoon I watched Lily while Cassandra did an errand.  We had so much fun!  After Lily went to bed for the night, we watched a movie and Papa Johns pizza.  It was great!

Yesterday was such an awesome day.  We got up early, dressed in our Sunday best, and drove to the temple.  We left Lily in the temple waiting room with the cousins and went in to the temple for Jessica’s wedding.  At first, Lily had a hard time, but we got her settled in and happy before we went in.  Also before we went in, Lily got to meet her Great Grandpa Haws for the first time.  The wedding was so beautiful, and I cried with happiness remembering Cassandra and Emerson’s beautiful temple wedding, and anticipating the time when Dad and I would return to see your wedding and those of your siblings.  I have heard other locations called the happiest place on earth, but only those who have been to Holy Temple know where the happiest place in this world really is, and that is because the temple is the closest place to heaven on this earth, truly the house of the Lord!

It was a very cold day, so pictures were a bit miserable, but then Lily and I went to Sarah and James’s church building which they had reserved for most of the day.  Cassandra and Emerson took off to enjoy a valentine’s date while Lily and I ate pizza and Lily got to run around and play.  She especially loved playing with Sarah's daughter, Rachael which was really cute to watch.  I think Lily’s great grandparents had fun watching Lily run around, too, along with Rick, Elizabeth, and Julie who met her for the first time yesterday.  I had a very precious time visiting with every body and hearing them say how cute and sweet Lily is, which of course I already knew.  It was almost a family reunion except that we missed Tom very much.  Sarabeth came, though, and did a very good job representing her family.  Celeste came, too, and I am so excited to go to next month and meet her fiancé and see her get married for time and all eternity, too.

Later at Sarah’s house, Lily took a quick nap, and I helped Sarah out a bit.  The reception was right there at her very beautiful house.  It is huge and stylish and has a functional as well as gorgeous floor plan.  When she wasn’t sleeping, Lily’s favorite thing to do was to crawl up and down the stairs with me right beside her, of course.  I tried to let her go and do whatever she wanted but had to draw the line at letting her go down the stairs head-first.  Cassandra and Emerson came back at 7:00 for the wedding and Lily was very happy to see them.  We all ate lots of very good food like shrimp cocktail and chocolate covered strawberries, and laughed and visited.  My Uncle Milt and Aunt Sherry, who live close by, came to the reception along with their daughter Tammy and their granddaughter, Ava.  It was so wonderful to see them after all of these years!  I thought it was a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment