Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feb 11--Email From Matt


Hey, This week I'm not going to delete the letter... haha.

Thomas, That is a good letter, thank-you for writing it. It was cool to hear about what you have been doing and that Katrina was helping you. I hope that you are feeling better. I hope that you are here to get this letter when I send it. haha. Do I ''down-size'' the things that happen to me here? haha.... about that... I have a question for you. If I were to ''down-size'' the bad things that happen to me, would I tell you? Don't worry, I write what really happens to me in my journal. You can read that when I get home, and don't worry, I don't really down-size. That much.

Miriam, Words of wisdom, when things start to go wrong, we need to look to see what we can do to fix it, not wait until it develops into a problem. You Should see the washers they have here, they would probably survive a nuclear blast. They are very old beasts. I'm glad that you were able to help Preston. haha. :) I'm doing very well, I'll write more about my week later on in the letter.

Katrina, In these times is when we can really rely on the Lord, he is always there to help us with our burdens that we have. I suggest that you dedicate a little bit of time to learn about Church history. You will learn so many things that you didn't know. Now days you can find all of the church history books on-line. haha :) I wish I could hear you sing.

Mom, I commented this to my companion, I've noticed that the amount of things you write me have decreased a lot. :) When I first left the house, it was a long letter every day describing your day and what was happening, later, it was a letter separated and it was short snap-shots of the days in the week, then it faded into one letter about your week, now it's a letter that's included in the family letter.... I'm sure that this trend will continue until I don't hear anything about you at all haha! :) I'm doing great, don't worry, I have everything I need, and I am buying the things that I need.

Dad, Brad Wilcox is a great guy. He was the president in an EFY that we went to once. You aren't having a very good week are you?

This week our mission president wrote me and told me that I need to enjoy the ride more, and savor the time that I have as a missionary. Hey I'm just going to apologize right now if a Spanish word slips into this letter. We taught a lot this week. He's right, I do need to enjoy my time more, some days are very long here, but the long days always have a good high-light. I am seeing more and more that I am learning things here that I wouldn't have learned staying home. I am very glad that I am here, and I thank the Lord for the time that he has given me to preach his Gospel.

This week I'm going to be in Culiacán, in a seminary class. It's gonna last 4 days and I'll be back in La Paz Saturday.
We are teaching Carmen and Lennin Lennin is Carmen's son, they are great people, They haven't gone to church but I know that this next week they are going to go!!! haha, Other than that there are various people that we are teaching but not as much as them.
I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment