Monday, February 18, 2013

Hi, Matt.  Today is Monday and I just read your letter.  It was the highlight of my day, and that's saying a lot since I have been spending the day with Lily, ha ha.  That's really cool that you are in Cabo San Lucas now!  I know what you mean about us only seeing the "pretty" places.  I would have loved to see the real Cabo, but we were told it's not safe, so we didn't dare.

I really liked what you said about the things you learned in seminary and your experience with the elderly woman.  I totally agree--we can usually do anything that we really want to do, and the reason for failure in most things is that we really didn't want to do them.  Thanks for sharing that insight--I can really use it in my life!

Today Cassandra, Lily, and I went shopping.  I bought souvenirs for the family and Cassandra grocery shopped.  Lily and I also took a nice long nap which was good since, as you know, I don't get much sleep at night.  In the afternoon Cassandra's friend, Beth came over.  She and her husband and baby are in the process of moving and she and the baby needed a place to sleep for a couple of nights.  It's been nice to see Beth again and get reacquainted.  Emerson got home not long after that and we all had a nice meal and an after dinner walk.  Now Lily and Lincoln, Beth's baby are in bed.

Back at home, the installers are putting in the cabinets.  They've had a few glitches, but nothing earth-shattering.  It's sad to think I have to leave tomorrow, but then again, I need to get home.  It's been such a wonderful vacation, and as always, Cassandra and Emerson have been wonderful hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment