Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dear Elder--Memory Lane

Matt says my letters are getting shorter and shorter, so I will be posting some installments of a letter to him so that he will get more mail.

Dear Matt,

Last night we went through everyone's school papers and put the "keepers" in a binder for each person.  I got to sort through your papers.  Remember when we'd sit on the bed after lunch and I'd have you tell me about your life and write it in your journal for you?  Remember the learning pages I'd make for you?  A page of numbers, and you'd have to circle all the "5's," or simple pictures and you'd circle the ones that started with "B," etc?  You'd work on the page while I wrote in my own journal.  We'd also read "picture scriptures" and other stories.  Of course, we'd have a nice nap, too.  That was totally my very favorite part of the day.  When I look back on old times, that is what I miss.  I saved the journal pages even if they are written in my awful handwriting.  I hope you have fun reading them when you come home.  I also saved pictures you drew, poems and stories you wrote, and letters people like Dad and Grandpa wrote to you.  It was so fun to see your old stuff!  Jon was there going through his old stuff, too, and it was very fun, even if I did get to bed after 1 am, ha ha.  I think I got 4 hours of sleep.

Today I leave to visit Emerson, Cassandra, and Lily.  Hooray!  I am only taking a carry-on, but I managed to pack a dress for Lily that Miriam, Katrina, and I bought for her, and Cassandra's baby book.  You can tell she was the first child--she was the only kid who got a baby book!  I will be leaving at 9:00 am.  Elizabeth will taking me to the airport which is very nice of her.  I will have traveled more that twelve hours by the time I finally get to Cassandras.  Crazy!  I can't wait to see them.  I also get to see Grandpa and Grandma, Sarah's whole family, and Rick and Elizabet1h and babysit Lily at the same time.  I also get to see Jessica and Henry married in the temple for time and eternity.  It doesn't get any better than all that.  Grandpa will be meeting Lily for the first time.  Yay

Dad is so sweet to take care of things here while I am gone.  Last night he brought home early Valentine's treats for everyone.  He got me chocolate covered cocoa beans.  So good!  I think I ate six before bed, ha ha.  I put them in my bag to eat on the trip.  He is so sweet.  It is so sad that we will be apart on Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment