Sunday, November 17, 2013

Oct 28--Letter From Matt

Thanks for the instructions on how to make pumpkin pie. I'm going to see if I can do it this thanks giving. You sent me everything I need, If I an do it I'm sure that it'll turn out great.

Yes, I have been getting Cassandra's emails, actually I got one today :)
Yes I did notice the tree :) It looks very good, I like what you've done, good job.

Ok, I have some news, I got transferred, I'm in a little town called La Cruz I'll be serving here as a zone leader. I'm very excited for this new chance to serve the Lord and His children. My new companion's name is Elder Gonzales, he is from Colombia. This is going to be his last transfer before he goes home, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from him.

Anyway, we had a mix up on the way here, the leaders of the mission hooked everything up so that, Elder Orton and I could get on a bus, and that on the way to Mazetlán, they were going to pick up an Elder in La Cruz, and that they were going to drop me off. What really happened is that we both missed the stop at La Cruz and ended up having to get off in another tiny town and wait for a bus to pick us up, go back to La Cruz and then drop me off and pick up the other elder.... sheesh.

I'm really sad that we had to leave Culiacán, I say we because Elder Gramajo was re-assigned to the mission offices. He is going to be the new secretary of resources.

This past Thursday, one of the children of the Barraza Rangel family, got hit by a truck (a personal truck, not a commercial truck) the truck hit her, knocking her to the grown. The driver saw that he had hit a small girl, and thinking that he had killed her, sped up to get away, running over her legs. She did not die. Her family drove her to the hospital and after the doctors checked the damage, they discovered that neither of her legs were broken even though the tires had left black marks as the man sped off, proving that the truck had in fact, driven over her legs.

We saw her walking this Saturday, she was using a neck brace to protect her bruised neck, and she had a lot of road rash on her legs, and a huge black eye, but other than that, she was, and is, ok. What a kind act of mercy from our Lord. I was devastated to hear that she had been run over, but, when we were able to see her, it was truly a miraculous experience.

well I think that's about all for this week. I'm a little tired, but I feel well, I hope that you are all doing good! I pray for you all and I love you all!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment