Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nov 11--Letter From Matt

About the package, I make no promises! Ah,hahahaa! No I'm joking, of course, I wouldn't want you to feel bad or anything like that. Of course I'll wait.

Haha, Mom,  I am not where near puerta vallarta. You should be able to see Culiacán to the north, and Mazetlán to the south. Ceuta is to the left of la cruz, crossing they highway, it's a little tiny village, it's a nice place. You were in the state of Guadalajara. I'm in the state of Sinaloa. haha :)

I do remember those games and I thougth it was funny that you explained them out to me (as if I wouldn't remember your favorite paper games) but I'm glad that you did :)

I also liked the pictures that you sent and the sneak peeks of the new kitchen, I guess it isn't that new for you guys now. haha :)

This week was both exciting, new and, sometimes, disappointing. We went to Ceuta a lot this week, we are actually planning on going there every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Which basically means that we aren't going to be working much in La Cruz. We met a lot of new people and there are way too many people to write about every single one of them. Therefore, I will only write about a few of them. The first is not actually a person that we are teaching, She is a member. Her name is Lidia, She has been a member for about 2 years now and she is a mini missionary! She is from Ceuta and is actually an influential person there. She grew up there, raised her family there and presently works and lives there. This last Thursday she spent most of the day visiting friends and acquaintances to ask them if they would like to recive a visit from the us, the missionaries. The woman has a gift. She's the owner of a small café and she has filled all of our afternoons in Ceuta with appointments to go visit families. Some of the people that we visit aren't really interested and don't want us to come back, some are interested and some actually start coming to church! It is such an exciting feeling.

We are teaching Reyes, he's about 14 years old. We are also teaching to his sister. Reyes is very smart and really understands when we teach him. That's about all I know about him. His sister seems to be less interested.

We are also teaching José. He is a 30ish year old married man and has two kids, and despite his family he hasn't seemed to grow up, he still dresses and talks like a teenager, but he is really an awesome person that watches out for his family and does his best to take care of them.

Our mission president came here to visit us, We had a meeting for all of the recent converts of our district (we aren't a stake yet) and I was proud to see that more than half of them were from our branch. I know that we can keep on growing here. I really feel the love that the Lord has for all of His children. I know that He wants to bless them.

I'm excited to work this week there are new people.
Well my writing time has run out. I love you all. I hope that this week is a wonderful week for all of you.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment