Thursday, November 28, 2013

Nov 18--Letter From Matt

Hey Mom, I'm going to start this letter asking you something: How are you? What's been going on in your life? Why aren't you sleeping well? Is there something wrong?

The second thing is: Nicole was is a huge hurricane, I think it's safe to say that she, and many other missionaries in her mission, could have easily died. The Lord, in His infinite mercy saved every single missionary in the Tacloban, Philippines mission from dying. Just so you have a good idea of the damage, They had to close the mission down, because there's almost nothing left there. Tacloban, the city, was obliterated. Let's all pray for those who have survived.

Ok, well this week, something sad happened, a 17 year old boy that we are teaching started drinking. It's so sad to see things like that happen, but on the other end of the spectrum, another 17 year old boy who led a crazy life has started to come to church again. Opposition in all things. Stay strong all of you. Always read the scriptures and pray diligently. Recognize the great love that our Father in Heaven has for every single one of us. Act according to the love that you have for Him. Never, ever abandon Him, He will never abandon you.

"Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; for the feet of those who are in the east shall be established; and break forth into singing, O mountains; for they shall be smitten no more; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not. For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
-1 Nephi 21:13-16

He lives, He lives, He lives. I cannot, and will not, accept anything else. He loves us, He has given His life for us. I am honored to be able to represent Him, and I wish I could do it better. I strive daily to be able to.
I'm sorry for this unexpectedly short letter. I love you all, and pray for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment