Monday, November 4, 2013

Letter From Matt--Oct 7

Mom, don't worry too much, I'm doing ok, I'm not feeling sick any more, and the medicine worked out very well. . :) The mission sends us to one of the best hospitals here in Culiacán, so don't get too worried.

  Yes I was able to watch all of the conferences, it was absolutely wonderful, I didn't know that 10 hours of people talking could be so inspiring, but it is! It is a little overwhelming like you said, but it was also very inspiring and it helped me want to be better too. 

   It's very nice to hear that you love your job.

   Erik has really kind of dropped off of the radar. We haven't seen him but we are going to look for him this week, he's really a good kid.  Jesus and Christina, well we haven't been able to see them, we were going to see them this Saturday but we couldn't because they were only available at 6:00 and we had to be in priesthood session but now that I'm thinking about it, we could have invited Jesus to come with us. We are very imperfect missionaries.....

   Mom, I've learned that's true, I can't just suffer quietly sometimes, sometimes I can and nothing bad happens but if I really do need help, I need to get it or I'm going to end up being sicker than ever and even less able to help the people that I love so much.

Anyway, this week flew by like a bullet, it's scary to see how little time passes in between Mondays.
This week we weren't able to see the people that we've been teaching, partly because we need to organize our time better, and partly because they couldn't see us because of work and things like that. 

   We were able to find a family this week. One day we were going to get on a bus and go work in one part of our area, but when the bus finally got to the stop, I had the impression that we should stay where we were and work closer to home, my companion was a little weirded out because we had planned out the day in that sector of the area, but we stayed and we found a part member family.
I feel like this letter is lame, I'm sorry that I don't have very good things to write this week, but I'll try harder next week. I love you all and I really hope that you are doing well. I pray for you all.
-Matt
P.S. There's a change in the winds, I hope that it brings blessings, but it might bring some big trials

No comments:

Post a Comment