Sunday, November 10, 2013

Oct 21--Email From Matt

Man, writing the date up there gives me little confused butterflys, because time flies too fast.

No, I have no broken bones that I know of, I didn't go to a doctor but everything is turning out all right and I feel fine :) thanks for sending the recepie, I don't think that they have cans of pumpkin pie filler here or of pumpkin.... because they don't really use pumpkins to make pie, I'll check but I really doubt it. Please send me a recepie that calls for fresh pumpkin! thank you so much!

The three women, well, let's see, there's a member and she asked us to go and "bless" the small home buisness of a friend, we went and said a prayer, (Mom, did you know that your son can bless buisnesses?!?! They pay people to do that haha!) and her friend asked us to stop by some time, so we did, haha, when we came, she was being accompanied by a friend, the next time we went to her house, here friend was there with her sister and they all listend to the lesson that we were giving and asked if we could visit them. There are also 2 other women who are co workers bu they are a little more wary of us so we are waiting for the right moment :) It's like a gold mine there or something becaue every time we go there, there's someone new to teach.

We were actually going to teach her her family this week but she cancelled the appointment. We weren't able to teach her friend, but she said that she was going to go to church this week, which she didn't, but we are hoping that she'll be able to come after she's a little more committed to learning about our church. We did get to teach Edith and her dauther Dania, but they couldn't come to church.... Oh well...

There's a woman,they call her "Cookies," and she did come to church. She comes to church but she doesn't let us teach her. I don't quite understand, but we havn't been able to talk to her, so we are hopeing that some day we'll be able to find her.

The single-mother family might be moving this week and that's sad. Also their oldest daughter has now refused to listen to us, which is also sad. I don't know why, I think that she just doesn't like doing what her mom wants her to do. We haven't seen them too much this week and when we have seen them they've been very distracted, we need to teach them in a member's house. Juliet has the goal to be baptised the 22nd of November. I really hope that her getting ready to be baptised will help the whole family come unto God.

Other than that, things are going well! We are always trying to improve, my companion's mom is sick and he's a little worried but he's a very good person so he always is trying to help other people. What's Tanner's Email address?! Man, I haven't heard from the guy for like more than year now, how weird.

So, is the house empty a lot now days? I remember how much you always wanted our friends to come over there, and how we always left and went to their houses. Now days, kids don't go over to thier friends house, they just connect on-line and play Xbox in their own houses. ha.

I Hope that you are all doing well, I am. I pray for you all and I really do feel your prayers. I hope that we can all be more humble this week and let the Spirit's influence guide us more.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment