Monday, November 4, 2013

Letter From Matt--Sept 30

Haha!!! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist doing that! I knew that you were going to scroll down, but I was just a tad worried that you wouldn't find the rest of my letter, but I'm glad you did.

We did not get to see Christina that day, we actually haven't seen her this week, we were thinking of calling her today to see if we can have a lesson with her, and we'll see if she answers her phone.

I am very excited to listen to conference!!! I think that this is going to be the first time in my mission that I'm going to be able to listen to all 5 sessions. I can't wait.

Thanks for telling about the family! It's so nice to hear about them, especially about Lilly and Emerson. :)
Ok, this week, unfortunately this letter might be short. 

To celebrate the one month anniversary of not being sick, I got sick this Friday. Yay. I'm doing a lot better today, but Friday night I woke up in the middle of the night and I needed to go to the bathroom, this isn't surprising because I had a parasite (Yes I went to the doctor's, yes I'm taking medicine, don't worry). I got up and did my business and then tried to go to sleep. I couldn't sleep, so I took a shower to cool down and then tried to go to bed. I prayed to know if there was anything that I could do to help me get to sleep sooner, and I thought about eating something, but then dismissed that thought and tried to sleep. While I was laying down, my stomach started hurting, it hurt and it hurt and it hurt, It left me throwing up and pounding on the wall wishing for it to stop. After a few minutes the pain ever so slowly resided, and I tried to go back to bed, but the thought: I should eat food, kept on coming back to my mind. I was afraid that if I ate something, my stomach would start hurting worse, but when the pain started up again I went downstairs and, in some of the worst pain I've ever felt, ate a bowl of rice krispies. Like magic, the pain dulled, and then, disappeared. Shortly after I got into bed and fell asleep feeling grateful for the love and concern that Heavenly Father has for me.

I feel grateful to the Lord that He helped me know how I could find relief from the stomach pain, I had the feeling, as I was praying to Him during those moments, that He wasn't just going to take the pain away because, for some reason I needed to feel that sort of pain to understand how it feels to be healthy and to learn how to be grateful for being healthy. I did believe that He was willing to help me find a solution to my problems though, and He did. I just wanted to share that. The Lord loves us and will help us through our problems even when they are small.

and that's that! I hope that you are having a great week Mom (And anyone else that reads this letter) 

No comments:

Post a Comment