Monday, July 8, 2013

June 24--Dear Elder, last installment for the week

Now it is Monday.  Yesterday at church, Jared's mom talked about his mission and Ryan's dad talked about his mission.  Some things that you have in common are that you and Jared share a deep love for the temple, and you and Ryan both try very hard to be obedient.  I guess they are going to have parents of all the missionaries speak in sacrament meeting sometime in the next few months, so I figured I'd better be prepared.  Here are a few questions for you:

What things did you do before your mission that helped you be prepared to serve?
What do you want the ward, to know about missionary work?
Do you have a message for those planning to serve missions?
How can members help the missionaries?

Yesterday we also watched the broadcast about missionaries and learned that missionaries will be doing more online missionary work in the future and that meeting houses will be open so that people who want to know more about the church can visit them.  Matt, I really want to be a better help to the missionaries.  I am fasting today for myself and the family to be strengthened to do missionary work.  I know that when the members help you, you are the most effective as a missionary.  I feel so weak and unable to do these things, but I know that with Heavenly Father's help, all things are possible.

I love you, Matt.  Thanks for going on a mission.  I know that Heavenly Father is pleased with your work and loves you very much, even more than I do!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment