Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 22--Dear Elder

Well, now it’s 4:30 Monday morning.  I am having a hard time sleeping, so I am finishing my letter to you, Matt.

Sunday was very nice.  Dad did go on a walk, and he said his ankle didn’t hurt to bad, but later he pulled the sock off his foot, and that hurt him very bad.  Weird, right?  I hope he’s okay.  We had a nice visit with our home teacher, and he gave the kids a good message that came from the prophet, President Monson, about pioneers.  He said that we are all pioneers, we are all doing things that no one in our family has done before, and we need to stay faithful to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  It was a good message for the kids to hear.

We also had a Pioneer Day lesson.  I read the words to the story I wrote about Charles Shumway, but haven’t illustrated yet, and Dad read to them about your great-grandpa Faulkner.  We hung up our fan-style pedigree chart the living room in honor of Pioneer Day.  I bought the frame on sale, and it doesn’t look very nice for the living room, so I’m going to have to order the more expensive one online.  I want the chart to look nice and fit in.  Last year, I put pictures of ancestors on the chart.  I need to acquire and add more pictures.

Thomas and Katrina were hiding behind the couch cushions before family home evening, so Dad tickle-attacked them and threw the pillows over the ledge.  This is them relaxing after fhe, still without the upper couch cushions, ha ha.

We also read a conference talk by President Uchtdorf called “Four Titles.”  Have you read it, Matt?  It’s about four of the titles we hold in this life, and the four he talks about are, Sons of God, Disciples of Christ, Healer, and Eternal Heir.  It was a wonderful talk given to the priesthood brethren, an I am currently studying it.

Today Thomas and Katrina are going to EFY for a week.  Jon is coming over later to sew his pants before work.  It will be good to see him.  Miriam is working, of course, and Dad and I will be working on the basement after Dad gets home from work.  I guess it will be just Dad, Miriam, and me for family home evening tonight.

Matt, I wanted to remind you to stay hydrated.  Walking around in the hot sun without water can cause dehydration and confusion.  Did you hear about the new dress standards for male missionaries, BTW?  They can wear lighter-colored suits now, and missionaries in hot climates can wear closed-toed, close –heeled sandals.  Pretty cool, huh?  I guess sandals would be more breathable, right?

 If your mission president approves them and you want some, let me know and I’ll deposit some money for them.  I hope your week was good “according to the Lord” the way you wanted it to be.  How are your investigators coming along?  How is your companion?  I hope you two are working well together and are united in the missionary cause.  Keep your hope in Jesus Christ strong and bright, and have a wonderful week.  Our prayers are with you.  We love you very much!  Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment