Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 10--Email From Matt


This is me and my companion.

Thanks for the letter.  Looking at this past week, there are always new things that I need to learn. One of them being, putting my own self to one side. I wish that I had more time to write you, but I did write a happy and somewhat lengthy letter to Cassandra, and one to Dad too! I am so happy to know that I have someone out there who really prays for me and cares about me! (make that two, for Dad) You gave me excellent advice and I will try to follow it. I commented to Dad that I have a suitcase that I no longer can have, so what do you want me to do with it? Fill it full of souvenirs and send it home or give it away? Oh, if you do want me to send it home, tell that to Jon too, he wanted me to buy things for him.

I love you Mom, this letter isn't long enough and it doesn't do a very good job with telling you how much you guys mean to me. I love you all. One of the great blessings that this mission is giving me is a new perspective on how wonderful every one of you are. You all are in my prayers too, I'm just praying that I can come home different for all of you.

P.S. I did write down what I learned about hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment