Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 3--Email From Matt

Haha, I think that your week must have been very  busy but I'm glad that you got a chance to go metal detecting :) I think it'd be pretty cool to find old stuff. So, I'm actually just going to answer to you and Mom here in this letter, I really don't think that there were any real questions in Mom's letter, but I'd like to thank you both for sitting down and taking the time to write me, it's the only look i really get into how the family is doing, because you guys are the only ones that actually write about what is going on haha :)

So, looking at that from that perspective, it looks like you guys don't know how my week goes unless I write it for you, so here it goes,

Monday I had to do a lot of things to get my FM3 card renewed so that I could stay here in Mexico for another year haha :) so we didn't get to work on Monday as much as I would've liked and the lesson we did have, we had with a less active young adult and he didn't pay a lot of attention to what we were saying and so we just kind-of ended the lesson and left, so with those failures and the other things that I had done wrong fixed into my mind we woke up Tuesday and headed off to the church to study and to have the district meeting and to do weekly planning, well in the district meeting the Zone leaders came to pick up the papers that I had filled out on Monday and, thankfully, all of the paper work turned out well, but anyway,

In the district meeting, we always start off with a song, a prayer, we recite D+C 4 and then we have someone share a Christ like attribute, anyway the District leader shared the attribute and it was Hope, man, I think he (the district leader) thought I was mad because of how concentrated I was on what he was saying, because it was exactly what I needed to hear in that moment, suddenly, because of his words and the Spirit which bore them to my heart, my perspective of my mission suddenly changed. I had never studied hope before and frankly I had been working with out it for a long time. I was so grateful to the insights that the Zone Leader, Elder Miranda shared too, as they took the message of our District Leader and tuned them to be the exact message that I needed to hear in that moment.
All throughout the week I have been seeing situations with new hope that has allowed me to act towards people, my brothers and sisters, with new love and less fear of failing them. I can honestly say that that changed my week.

This Sunday as we were taking the sacrament, I started thinking about what you, mom, wrote me last week of shaping everything spiritually before making it a reality. I started to talk with the Lord about the struggles that I was facing at the time, the things that I had failed to do and what I really wanted to improve and how I planned on doing it. I talked to Him about talking to the people that I felt impressed to talk to and the fear that was always present before I contacted anyone, and I asked for His help and His courage to be able to do anything that He wanted me to do. That night as we were walking down the street, we saw a young woman sitting just outside of a small store drinking a coffee and I felt the small impression to talk to her, then we walked by her without talking to her, I stopped walking and, in my mind, I asked my Father if He wanted me to talk to her, The feeling that I felt, so subtle, loving and soft, testified in such a familiar way to my mind that I should talk to her, to not be afraid, and that it was the will of the Lord. So that's what we did, her name is Loreto, she has a new born baby of 6 months old and she told us that she just wants to be the best mom that she can be for her son and that she didn't know how. We were able to testify of the Lord's love for her and tell her that the Lord wants to help her be a good mother for her child. I know that I've talked about this before and that it really is just a simple experience but, I just want you to feel what I felt, the sweet soft fatherly love that I felt, -a direct answer to a prayer that I had said earlier that same day- as we walked away.

I love you all so much! I am learning so much here and I have so much more to go that I don't think that I can do it in the year that I have left, but it doesn't matter, I'll move forward in hope and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment