Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2: Dear Elder

Hi, Matt.  Today is fast Sunday and I am fasting for you that you will bring souls unto the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'm fasting and praying that you will be filled with the Holy Ghost, and with righteousness, and with a deep and abiding love for God's children.  I love you!

What have I been up to?  Camp, camp, camp.  I'm having girls over today after church to work on a big banner we're making.  They want to burn the edges to make it look like a pirate map and at first I thought it would take forever, but in the night I realized that we can tear the edges, roll it up, and hold it over the burner of the stove.  I hope we don't burn down the house ha ha.  It's weird how hard our brains keep working even when we are asleep.  I've heard that in our deepest dreams, we are problem solving.  I have noticed that Heavenly Father also sometimes uses dreams to answer our prayers and give us guidance.

Yesterday I washed all my clothes.  My goal is to pack totally different clothes for camp and cruise, and I think I have been able to do that for the most part.  I also organized and packed for camp.  It was lots of hard work!  Today I will make up a calendar, menu, etc for Grandpa and Grandma.  They are so nice to come!  You kids are very blessed to have a couple of younger grandparents that can still be a part of your lives.  I had the same blessing growing up, and it is comforting to know that I still have two grandmas going strong.  Well, going feeble might be a better description, ha ha,  but they are amazing!  I got to Skype with Cassandra and Lily just a bit.  Lily wanted to show me her bunny shirt.  She calls me "Grammy."  She has a name for Miriam and Katrina (the same name), but I can't remember what it is.  I sent off Emerson's birthday present early since we will have just been home a couple of days before his birthday and won't have time to get anything off then.  He is the awesomest son-in-law!  Lily went a couple of days not seeing him because he got home so late from work.  I know that was hard on her--she loves her daddy so much!

Katrina has a pre-tour concert this evening and we are looking forward to hearing the songs that they will be singing on tour.  I paid the last of her tour money yesterday, and she is all set.  Thomas worked yesterday cashiering and he also hung out with Garred a lot.  Katrina mowed and helped me a bit with camp stuff.  Miriam worked and got her hair cut.  She hates the cut.  They made the bangs really short on one side.  She posted a comment on the salon's facebook page asking how she could get her money back.  They called her and are giving her money back and are going to fix her hair.  They were very nice about it, and she is happy.  Dad worked on the roof of the laundry all day till very late.  I got to see him as I did my laundry.  When he got home late, he went to the store for me.  I can't even remember what I needed, but he did it to save me time tomorrow.

Matt, I love you so much!  Stay faithful and work hard.  I know Heavenly Father will bless you.  As you train your new companion, ask yourself, what would Elder Livingston do?  Ha ha.  Never postpone a prompting and never never never ignore one!  Thanks for being who you are.  I'm sure you are very aware of your own weaknesses right now, but with you and the Lord together, it is enough.  With God, all things are possible.  Be of good cheer, Matt, you are on God's errand and whom the Lord calls, the Lord blesses and I know that He will bless you with every needful thing.

Keep up the good emails.  We love hearing about your experiences!

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment