Friday, September 7, 2012

Dear Elder Sept 3


Dear Elder,

Hi!  Thanks for the letter!  It was so nice to hear from you.  It sounds like you are getting the things you need and that your investigators are drawing closer to the Lord.  We read your letter Monday night for family home evening and the kids thought it was funny that Dad and I got a little teary.  We are just so proud of you and the service you are doing to God and your fellow man.  You are a wonderful blessing and example to our family.

Today is Wednesday and here are the week’s happenings so far.  First, Jon moved out on Monday.  It happened so quickly, I barely had a chance to get used to the idea.  One second he was talking on the phone and finding out there was an apartment available at campus plaza, and the next second I was driving him there to pay first month’s rent and the deposit.  Dad followed with the van that still contained all Jon’s stuff from moving from Logan, and we moved Jon in.  We hardly had any time with him here at all.  He seems to be pretty happy.  Troy is living there, too.  He’s in the process of helping a roommate out with some stuff.

Also on Monday, I started Insanity which is an exercise program from the makers of P90X.  It is crazy hard.  After the first time day, I felt like I was going to throw up and I had to put my head between my legs to keep from passing out.  On the second day, I finished with a headache and aching muscles.  Today I hurt so bad, I didn’t want to get out of bed, and had to say a prayer to get up the courage to work out.  Today’s workout was a bit easier for me, and I feel like maybe I can do this.  Dad started Insanity last week, and I have really appreciated his encouragement to keep going.  We are doing this routine in order to get the very best workout available in just forty minutes.  We don’t have time to waste messing around.

Also I have continued to re-vamp our food storage, and take care of Grandma and the family.  Don’t worry too much about Thomas and Miriam.  Yes, Thomas was sick with strep, but he is on antibiotics and went back to school this morning.  He’s going to be fine.  Miriam found out that she is like Thomas in that eating whole wheat hurts her digestion.  She also has been feeling unwell when she doesn’t get enough to eat and I mentioned that she may be a bit hypoglycemic.  That’s it.  No big diagnosis and no big symptoms. 

It’s been nice having Thomas home the first two days of this week, and yesterday he read me funny things off the internet while I did laundry and cleaned up the laundry room.  In the evening, Katrina and I made pizza.  It was a bit of a pain because I had to make whole wheat crust for Dad and white crust for Miriam and Thomas.  Also, I was totally out of energy from doing insanity in the morning, ha ha.  The pizza was good, though, and I sent everyone with cold pizzas in their lunches this morning. 

Dad and I went for a walk after dinner, and the sky was beautiful!  We headed east, and a beautiful rainbow framed the light-bathed mountain ahead.  When we turned north, the sky was a deep blue up high, fading to a light green as it met the mountains.   Again the mountains and clouds were bathed in light.  To the west, a cloud covered most of the sun, sending out rays of light that edged surrounding clouds with silver.  What a beautiful evening!  It was so fun walking (slowly, ouch!) with Dad and talking to him. 

Today, in the Book of Mormon, I read in 1 Nephi where Nephi  foretells Christ’s birth, and I read about the Holy Ghost.  I was reminded how important it is to hold fast to the word of God in order to partake fully of the joy of Christ’s gospel and not be led astray by those who mock and scorn.  It seems like every time I read the scriptures lately, they are exactly what I need to hear for that day.  Now to keep those words in my heart and live them that I will always have the Holy Ghost to be with me!

Hi, Matt.  It’s Saturday already.  I really don’t know where the week went.  Right now Katrina and her friends are downstairs watching Thor for her birthday party.  Thomas worked and also had a football game today and actually played an entire quarter!  He said he played well, but they lost 61-0.  Pretty sad, huh?  Dad worked at the laundry today, surprise surprise, and then he went to Thomas’s game.  I exercised and shopped and cleaned with Katrina.  Miriam worked.  Can you believe that she has to work on Labor Day?  That is such a bummer. 

The big news of the week is that Cassandra and Emerson are buying a house.  Their offer was accepted during the week, so it’s pretty much a done deal.  Dad may fly there during fall break to work on the house.  It needs lots of work.  I’m so happy for them! 

I saw Jonathan at the laundry on Thursday.  He was there with his friend, Troy.  They were doing laundry.  He’s been working there to make money till he gets a steady job.  It was nice to see him. 
On Friday Dad and I went to the temple, and we saw Weston and Lindsay there.  It is so nice to see them faithfully attending the temple.  I loved being there with Dad, and I’m so glad we went.  I also realized that that was the last day I could use my recommend—it expired in Sept.  I’m glad we went when we did!  Then we went out to eat and then in order to avoid Labor Day traffic, we drove home along the other side of the lake.  It was such a fun and beautiful drive.  We picked up ice cream on the way home and as a family we ate ice cream and watched “Lady and the Tramp.” 

Tomorrow I’m subbing in Miriam’s Sunday school class and I’m looking forward to that.  It’s fast Sunday tomorrow, and because of Katrina’s party, we didn't start fasting on Saturday so I guess we’ll be fasting till dinnertime, which is fine.  I am looking forward to having some nice family time tomorrow.  I hope that works out.  It is so nice to have Monday off.  It takes the pressure off of things to have one more day to be together and to also get things done.

Hi, Matt.  I’m rushing to get this off to you.  Yesterday I enjoyed subbing in Miriam’s class.  They are wonderful kids!  In the evening we visited Don, Renee, and Donny for a little while and had a really nice time.  This morning, Grandma was awake bright and early.  I fed her, read my scriptures, did Insanity, and then fell asleep.  Today we are going to Oktoberfest, but Miriam can’t come because she’s working.  I am looking forward to eating some good wienershnitzel and kraut.  I love you very much Matt and I can’t wait to read your next email!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment