Monday, September 10, 2012

Sept 10--Letter from Matt


Hey, How is everyone? Dad, Don't worry, I can stil understand you. Es que aveces empiezo habar en español y yo no lo puedo dejar, pero está bien. ni modo.
Katrina, I don't think that I will be able to get you a present. I Think you chose well with the Fire, Don't tell me about the egend of Korra, I'm going to watch it when I get back! (I hope) well, I hope you had a great birthday party. That's soo cool that you got into the shakesepear play! I think you'll make a great man! ;) How have you been doing in schoo? Is it easy this year or hard? I don't remember if I dream in spanish or not, it's really hard to tell, because I'm very tired. I can understand everyone when they talk to me, and I can express myself well, but I still have to learn some more
Dad, Maybe I should start taking in Japanese..... ching-chong wing-wong fa ra-ra-ra-ra ru ra-ra-ra macodedanodu, well what do you know? I guess I know Japanes too! haha, well, I'm really glad that you had a lot of fun this week, I know that your job is taxing! :P Yeah, I know! That's a great score, for them atleast... haha, when I was a senior there, I wore my shirt and sweater from the other high school on the day they played us in football haha! Keep on grading.
Thomas, Just wait, i will be able to smack your skinny bumb into the ground when I get back! haha, well we'll see... How is school going? Are you on student counsel or anything like that? what have you been doing at home? Have you even been at home? Do you still read your scriptures before you go to sleep? How is life, being 14 is hard buisness.
Miriam, Are you excited to stop working? What will life be like without work? what will you do all day? haha, What crazy type of shoes are them yunngins wearin' nowdays? Here, the shoes are pretty much... brown. oh, wait, that's only because of the mud. haha. How. are. you?
Mom, hmmm, I will be on the look-out, you might have to remind me though. Yes things are cheeper here.I don't need anything because there isn't time enough to use anything. haha. Stop worring about the food and the cocroaches, we just flick them off. no biggy. haha, no that's only when they die in the food. haha! Are you crazy?!?! we keep everything in the fridge, it rotts in about 2 days if you dont.
Ok, I don't have much time to write but I'l start with the important stuff. We didn't baptize the son last week because he really isnt ready to do that, we are going to baptise him this week. We asked the other man being baptized who he wanted to baptise him, he asked who could do it. We said, we could or just about any guy in the church with a white shirt and tie. he asked me if I could. That was a really cool moment. He said it was because of something I had said. He had had a smoking problem and was trying to quit. When we talked about it, I asked him if he loved his wife and his little kid, he said: ''A lot'' I asked him how long he wanted his little boy to have a father, he said: ''As long as he can.'' I told him to think that every time he smokes a cig he is shortening his time with his family just a little bit more, there is a lot more to tell about the week but we have just about run out of time. so I'll try and be short.

This week we have seen over and over again that the Lord is guiding this work. it was about 8:00 at night, we had one more hour left and had just come out of a lesson, we were happy with the day when Elder Livingston said: ''Elder Cole, this morning we both felt like we were going to find 2 people that were going to commit to be baptised, we're almost about to go back to the house, and we haven't found them, what should we do?'' I thought about it and said that we should offer a prayer and ask to recive reveation. Elder Livingston said that he strongly felt like we should go to the house of some investigators, I said ok, let's go. On the way, there was a man and his wife sitting infront of their house (In Mexico that is super normal) Elder Livingston and I both felt the impression that we needed to stop and talk with them. We did, and they both have accepted a baptismal date. they are great people but there isn't enough time to write about them. The point is, the Lord knows his children and he put them in our path so that we could recive revilation to go to a house that would make us walk by their house so that we could contact them. and start to teach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment