Friday, September 7, 2012

Sept 4--Letter From Matt


(Blog Note: Wow, I think the format of this post is the worse ever! Every time I fix it, it gets worse, but Matt's letter makes up for it. Here's his letter with lots of spelling corrections, but not enough grammar corrections, ha ha.)
Hi! It's Tuesday, and I'm writing you! Ok what happened yesterday is that the Mission President was doing interviews and because of that and the fact that the Zone meeting was super early in the morning meant that we weren't going to have enough time to do all of the things that we would need to so we moved 
preparation day to Tuesday. 
Thank you all so much for the package, it got here yesterday, along with some dear elders. The pants are there along with the candy. I really appreciated 
the clear plastic cover, I was able to cut it down and make a cover for my 
planner that fits well and that I can put on my next planner too. The candy is perfect because I'm 99% sure that they don't have Swedish fish here or 
Starbursts. 
Thomas, well that's lame that your coach seems a little biased, but if you are corner maybe it will be a better thing for you! Don't worry about the score, Maple Mountain sucks at football anyway. Stay safe out there, ok? man, it's 
weird to think that when I get back, you will be ending your junior year in 
High school, stay awesome and out of bad stuff, ok? I really promise you that if you will pray and read the scriptures every day, that your life will have 
more peace, and tranquility.
Katrina, I would go with a droid... just saying, but I guess you aren't 
buying a phone, man it's freaking hard to write in English. Shakespeare, he 
can be pretty dry, I don't think I've actually seen Anne get your Gun, is it 
good? what Shakespeare play are you doing? What are you even going to do with your nifty new iPod? You are a sophomore right? dang.... you will be 
graduating when I get back. Drama is really cool, but remember to get out with normal people some times or else you will go insane.
Miriam, That sucks, working on labor day, well... I guess you did labor... ha... ha.. hahahah :) Is Thomas still alive after your shopping trip? Preston 
went to New York? Why? That's cool. How is senior year going? (I just 
remembered how to spell ''seinor'') do you like it?
Dad, thanks a lot for telling me about Grandma and Grandpa helping me out. 
That is super nice of them and I really want to tell them thanks. Keep on 
doing insanity, it's pretty darn intense, after you get done with that one, 
you could try P90X I think that's a bit harder. Have you heard of crossfit? 
That's like insane speed weight lifting and stuff, I don't know if you would 
have enough time though. The Lord works in mysterious ways, I bet that almost no one has the will power to actually exercise regularly after they have 
diabetes. What is Oktoberfest? Isn't that were they drink a lot of beer and 
eat beer bread? 
Haha Mom, I don't think I'll need much more money, maybe in the future, but 
really I'm set here. I'll talk to my companion about taking a picture or two. Thank you so much for your letter, and I appreciate the description of the scenery. There aren't any mountains here. :P Btw, 65 bucks is like 1,000 pesos, and that will last for a looooong 
time, and buy a lot of stuff.  
This Monday was a great opportunity, we got interviewed by our mission president. He is very powerful, and very loving towards the missionaries. He loves being a Mission President. We had our interviews at 7:30, after everybody else so he had more time to interview me and elder Livingston. He speaks really good English and interviewed me in English too. I answered back in Spanglish 
because there are a lot of things that I don't remember quite how to say in 
English, haha. After the interviews, he gave us a ride to our house because it was 9:00. He talked to us a lot about the mission and different things that 
were on his mind. That almost never, ever happens. We usually only see him 
when he is talking to large groups of missionaries.
Oh, other things that are happening, we are having 2 more baptisms this week, one is the son of the mom who got baptized earlier and the other one is the 
brother we have been teaching, He called us and told us that he got an answer and that he wants to be baptised, now. Haha, Who are we to say no to that? We are really into the process of looking for people right now, the work moves fast here. 
On... I don't remember what day, but Elder Livingston gave a specific prayer 
and in that prayer, he said that we were going to knock on a door, that a 
family was going to answer and invite us in, and that this family would be 
ready to hear about the restored gospel. Later that day we were trying to find a reference but the address was bad, so we had to look in various houses to find it. In the last door that we knocked on, a family was inside getting lunch ready, and invited us in right off the bat, before we even said who we were. We went in, sat down and introduced ourselves
That is just one experience of my growing testimony that this church is true, that the lord is always listening to our prayers and that Missionary work is 
something that is called of God. We have had a couple more opportunities to 
talk with that family, they are very Catholic but I really think that they 
will listen to us. Well, that's that. I can't think of anything else to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment