Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lily's or Bust!


We got to to Skype with Emerson, Cassandra, and Lily yesterday which was so much fun!  I’m so excited to go visit!  I hope Lily’s mommy and daddy don’t plan on holding her much while I’m there.  Matt was laughing at me the other day because I already am filling my bag with things to bring with me—all little presents for Lily.  I’m not like lots of new grandmas who buy every cute thing they see.  I have to be really into something before I’ll buy it.  So what do I have for Lily?  Well, I am making her a little dress out of vintage cloth napkins like the ones I used to make for Cassandra when she was small.  I’m also planning to make a little photo-story book for Lily with pictures of all our family.  It will be indestructible so she can look at it and maul it all she wants as she, hopefully, becomes familiar with our faces, I also found the cutest little monkey that plays Brahms’ Lullaby when you pull it’s tail, not in the tinny electronic way, but in the tinkly music box way.  I’ve always believed that every baby should fall asleep listening to Brahms lullaby.  I actually found that at Walmart, if you can believe it.  The duffle bag is getting full.  I hope I have room for my own clothes.  I’ll just have to pack light!

No comments:

Post a Comment