Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Appraiser


Thursday an appraiser came to check out the house because we are refinancing, and, for me, it was a wonderful thing.    First of all, we weren’t sure when he would be coming, so the bedrooms got clean on Monday and stayed clean for five days. All of them.  At the same time.  This is definitely a family record.  On top of that, I got tons of help around the house without my even asking.  But the best part of all was when the appraiser called on Wednesday to let me know he’d be there the next morning and, by the way, he’d be taking pictures of certain rooms in the house.  He named the rooms and they included the bathrooms.  That’s when Brian kicked into high gear.  All in one night, my embarrassment-of-a-bathroom downstairs got patched, calked, and painted.  It is still in need of much help, but is no longer the abomination of the ages.  Thursday morning the appraiser came, took pictures and asked questions about the age of our appliances, furnace, etc.  It was a big change from the drive-by appraisal we got when we financed in the boom before the economic downturn.  So now the house is all appraised and all clean, and looking at my bathroom doesn’t make me wince.  I think I’ll call the guy and ask if he can come appraise us every week.

1 comment: