Sunday, November 4, 2012

Oct 28--Dear Elder


Dear Elder,

Hi!  Thanks for last week’s email.  It sounds like you are busy as always.  I’m sorry about not being able to send you the DVD’s you want.  We’ll send you something, though!  I’m so glad you found a family that is excited about hearing the gospel!  How is that going?

The family is doing well.  Today I was at meetings for most of the day, so I didn’t get to be with the family much.  Dad and the kids went to Katrina and Thomas’s first children’s choir concert and everyone seems to have enjoyed it.  They also had dinner together which is good.  I got to introduce the new curriculum for young men, young women, and Sunday school classes to the ward young women’s presidencies tonight.  I mention it to you, Matt, because its focus is on helping the youth become converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ by teaching the way the Savior taught.  It is a very inspired change with less lecturing and more conversations with the youth, guided by the Spirit.  Pretty cool, huh? 

Yesterday, I didn’t get to be with the fam much either because they all went up to Salt Lake for Uncle Earl’s birthday (he is the husband of Grandma’s sister, Aunt Alice).  I stayed home and watched Grandma.  Before they left though, I had Katrina and Thomas help me clean and vacuum the car and cut down all the plants in the front flower boxes.  Miriam spent the morning cleaning at Wash Hut to earn money for a hair straightener she wants, and Dad worked there, too.   Saturday night, Dad and I took off for a little while to get a bite to eat.

Friday night Dad and I went shopping and out to eat here in town.  The kids stayed home, made cookies, took care of Grandma, and watched movies.  Also on Friday we bought a new car.  It was kind of a sudden thing—I babysat the little Yarrington kids Thursday and Friday, and their mom mentioned to me that they were selling one of their cars.  I told Dad about it, because it was a Toyota Corolla and they were only asking 3500 for it.  Anyway, Dad looked into it, decided he wanted it for a kid car, got a loan for it, and paid the Yarringtons all on Friday afternoon.  So now we have a new kid car and boy are they excited!  Dad was concerned about Miriam driving a stick in the snow and about having to teach Katrina stick shifting. 

Thursday, like I said, I baby sat.  I visiting teach the kids’ mom and so when her usual baby sitter got sick, she called me.  It sure is nice to have little kids around the house, especially kids as cute as they are!  Thursday night I made cookies and rolls as part of a dinner for a new family in the ward who just had a baby.  Thomas and I took the food over and got to see their new baby girl.  It was so nice to hear Thomas tell me afterward that he was glad we got to see the baby and that he wished we’d gotten to hold her.  
Thursday Miriam left for a DECA conference and got home Friday afternoon.  Thursday evening, Katrina and I went over to the church to attend a Relief Society meeting where the young women were invited. 

Wednesday, I visiting taught Sister Weidlein and the kids went to mutual.  The girls painted pumpkins, and I have no idea what Thomas did.  Dad hung out at home with Grandma.   

On Monday, our calendar said, “Remember that Matt kid?”  I wonder who wrote that!!!  I drew hearts all around it.  It’s nice to see your handwriting on our calendar.  I also like it when I call Katrina and she doesn’t pick up, because then I can hear you say, “Hi, leave a message!”  It always startles me and makes me smile to hear your voice J On Monday night we had some kid of family time, but I can’t remember what it was.  It didn’t last long—about an hour. 

I’ve been exercising lately.  No, not Insanity, because it always inflames my knees, just a nice long walk, but my new shoes are great for that, and I try to do push ups and sit ups, too. 

  Today I earned my young womanhood medallion and got to wear it to the meeting tonight.  That was pretty neat.  In Preach My Gospel I am studying about faith and I have also been studying Alma 5 in order to finish my Personal Progress and get my medallion and also in conjunction with Elder Perry’s conference talk entitled, “Can Ye Feel So Now?”  Also I have been trying to get our three month’s supply in better order so that I can keep track of it better and replenish it automatically.  Also I am trying to improve our year supply of food. 

Tomorrow I get to safety and emission inspect the car and go to the DMV.  Fun stuff.  Dad usually does all that, but he’s too busy.    I have to get it all done in the morning before Grandma wakes up.  That’s why I’m writing to you tonight instead of tomorrow morning, but now it’s almost midnight and I don’t sleep much past 5:00, so I’ve got to go.   As you can see, life around here is not real exciting, but it is real good.  I sure love you and can’t wait for tomorrow’s letter!
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment