Sunday, February 5, 2012

Matt's Mission Call

Matt'call to serve a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints came Wednesday while I was still visiting Cassandra, Emerson and Lily.  It was very exciting to get on Skype and watch Matt open the letter.  As he opened it, we all threw out guesses as to where he would be going.  I yelled "Japan" or something, and then changed my mind.  "Mexico" I called out a couple of times and each time I said it, I wanted more and more for that to be the place.  I realized then that Mexico would be the perfect match for my boy, and by the time he started reading the letter, my heart was set on it.  Sure enough, the call was to Mexico.  I squealed in excitement.  Unfortunately, I was holding poor little Lily and scared her to death.  I felt soooo bad.  Her mommy and daddy took her and comforted her and she recovered.  I would have been happy for Matthew if he had been called elsewhere, because I know that his call is of God, but it was really neat that he was called to Mexico.

1 comment: