Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kissing Lily Goodbye

Saturday I kissed baby Lily goodbye and returned home to Brian and the kids.  It was so hard to leave her and her mommy and daddy.  They showed me a wonderful time and I loved every minute.  They say she misses me which is sad, too, because she's too little to understand.  Actually, I'm much bigger, and I don't understand.  Why do families have to live apart?  How do we stay connected?  How do I make sure that I keep in contact with her and her parents and her future siblings in a way that binds our hearts together always?  I guess I just need to try my best and make sure I never get discouraged or give up.  Today I Skyped with Lily and Cassandra.  It was not the same, but it will have to do for now.

1 comment:

  1. :.-(

    I think that throughout history it has been the dominant practice of humanity to generally stay very close in family groups for generations. The mix and migrate culture you and I were born into is not normal, if that helps at all.

    ReplyDelete