Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sept 9--Email From Matt

Hi Mom, thanks so much for your email! Those sound like a lot of trials that you have been having, Daniel is the little tyke right? Matthew is his older brother. He's such a playful little guy, don't feel bad mom, things happen, and as you've seen he's already forgiven and forgotten and his family has too!

They really are a cool family aren't they? I never saw that before... Katrina was dry heaving? That's what I had this last Friday!!! man, that's the worst. and now you are sick to your tummy, man mom, I'm sorry. It just hasn't been the funnest week on earth for you, but then again, you did get that job that you needed! I agree, I think that the Lord was preparing you for that job. Your experience of finding a job is a perfect example of working with the guide of the Holy Spirit, and not just waiting for a job to fall into your lap. and your experience with Katrina was another example of following the Spirit's guide and not just expecting the Lord to do everything for you. He doesn't just want to help us, He wants to help us help ourselves.

Thanks for your sage advice, it's exactly what I need, right now I'm trying to get out of a slump. In Los Cabos it seemed like I was working and progressing, here, it's not quite like that. I feel like I'm in a spiritual slump. I am, truly, a classic Nephite.

I've learned a little bit this week with regards to Grace, our purpose here, and ministering. We are saved by grace, after all that we can do, but, grace is what saves us, not our own efforts. The Lord asks us to be able to enjoy the gift of eternal life before He can give it to us like He says in D+C 88:33 "For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift." I just want to remind you that this is my own opinion, and it'll probably change, because I've just barley started to learn about this. I've pulled these thoughts out of an article that Brad Wilcox wrote. So... I think that I'm on the right path, but time will tell. As for ministering, I wish I would've done it before I got here..... I guess I did a little bit.

anyway.... That's about it.... :) Sorry, sort of a lame letter.
I love you and I hope that you are doing ok!!!! Thanks for your letters, they are great! Please tell Thomas to read the letter that I sent him. Please, please please!!!!!! Make sure he reads it. Say "Hi" to Miriam!
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment