Sunday, September 1, 2013

Aug 26: Email From Matt

This Is Pablo, Right After He Came Out of the Font


Hey Mom, I downloaded that talk and I'm going to listen to it during the week, we'll see what happens, We are going to think about what you said about service, there are many small ways that we can go about "doing good" but a special project could be just what we need right now to find more people to teach. Do I remember Soccer? Well yes I do. I have always asked myself if I was any good, and now that I'm in here in Mexico I now know that I am not good at soccer. Do you remember when I asked you the film the last game of the season? :)
A Picture to Make You All Happy

There have been 2 major changes in the mission and I think I might have written about one of them. One is that we shouldn't teach people here if there aren't members present and another is that if someone wants to get baptised, they need to attend sacrament meeting at least 5 times. That means that if someone is going to be baptized, they are going to be in a waiting process for at least 1 month and a week. wow.

Mom, I am so happy when I read your letters, they make me think of you all and they help me see the progress of the family, I loved hearing about the Monday experience about FHE and I'm happy to hear about the downstairs too! and everything else you wrote! I hope that you get the perfect job for you. I love you a lot and I appreciate the great effort and sacrifice that both you and dad make daily so that our family works :)
A Picture of Elder Gramajo.  He Took Off His Shoes, I Didn't...Ha Ha!

OK, I guess this part can go to the family in general. This week we have been struggling with finding people to teach, we have like 2 investigators, but both of them are really making some spiritual progress, one of them showed up at church this last week and wants to be baptised the 14th of September. His motives right now are because for his girl friend, but the last lesson that we had with him we got to ask him 2 questions: What would he do if he prayed to God and God told him that the LDS Church was wrong, and What would he do if his girlfriend dumped him. His answers were very telling. I think that he is progressing very well.

We visited the other investigator this last Thursday for the first time in 2 weeks. She has been taught by missionaries for like 3 months now and after our 2 week break she said that she feels really good when we visit her and that now she wants to be baptised, which is really cool and everything but she didn't come to church this last Sunday and has fallen off of the radar, we can't seem to get a hold of her.

I really hope that we can help them become more converted to the Lord and His gospel, because that's the real goal, not just baptism. Also a few members have really been helping us out, this Sunday a young matrimony invited their friend to come to church and she did. also Sister Bon, a single middle aged woman in the ward has really become the female investigator's friend. Sister Bon actually went over to her house this last Saturday and they read the scriptures together.

Other than that, I have been studying the scriptures and just been trying to be worthy of the Spirit's constant guide.

I hope that you keep on doing well, and I pray for you all a lot!! :)
-Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment