Monday, September 23, 2013

Sept 2--Email From Matt

I got sick this friday and saturday, but now I feel a lot better! Here's the proof: 
Elder Gramajo is standing behind me.

These are called sueros, they taste discusting, I had to drink a lot of them. They are like.... Hydrating drinks for people who are throwing up or have dierrea.
The taste is like... It's not like this but it's a good example:
Soda water, it tastes horrible alone, but with sugar and other artificial things it tastes pretty darn good. Suero is like. pure electrolites in the form of glucose. It's like gatorade, but without the flavering and a lot of base. a lot of base.

Thanks for your letter that you sent me! I'm doing well, I was sick but then I got better, thanks for fasting for me. I'm sure that the Lord really helped me more because of that! :) How is Mexico? Well it's still very hot here, but it's started to cool down. I'm almost sad to see the heat of the summer going. Almost. We don't have many investigators right now, but we are looking for them every where we can! It won't take too long if we are faithful because the Lord loves helping His children, we just need to be prepared to do our part in helping them.
Thank you for telling me a little bit about that experience! It's nice to hear that I was able to... Help? I say help even though I didn't do much :) I'm glad that the Lord cares about us too! :)

Finding new ways to find people to teach..... Well... No. Yes and no, a manner that we have already known about but now we need to start using. Members. Members. Members. We need to focus on finding prepared people through their member friends.
 The water, where did it come from? It rained. that happens every time it rains. I used to take a lot of things for granted, such as water pressure, and drainage.
Anyway, This week the highlight has been that I got sick.... It was not a fun experience, but I'm better now.

Ok, We had a conference with Elder De Hoyos, He's A member of the First quorum of the 70. It was very very good, and we are going to start working differently now. We are going to really start focusing in on Member Missionary work. That's what the Lord wants us to do now, and that's what we are going to do! :)
I feel like I need to be more in tune with the Lord, even after all this time, I feel like I'm still so distracted, inconstant and unreliable. I have a feeling that I'm going to feel like that all of my life. Even so, I know that He loves me, He is merciful and generous with my mistakes. That makes me want to serve Him even more.

Ok, sorry for the short letter. I hope that you are doing wonderfully well! Thank you for your prayers and for fasting for me!
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment