Thursday, August 15, 2013

Aug 12--Email From Matt

Mom, what a great experience. How do you feel? Do you feel happy? You saying that you wanted your neighbor to listen reminded me of a scripture in Alma 13:27

"And now, my brethren, I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not procrastinate the day of your repentance;"

In PMG it says this about sharing the gospel:

"Members who share the gospel experience joy and have the Spirit of the Lord more abundantly. As we share the gospel, we appreciate how precious and meaningful it is to us, and we feel a greater love for God and others.  The Lord promises to help members know what to say and do as they share the gospel."

I think that it absolutely wonderful that you had the courage to go over and bear your testimony. Also, giving them the Book of Mormon on CD was a wonderful way of giving them the chance to listen to it.

The stones that the Brother of Jared made didn't shine because they were perfectly made, rather because the Lord touched them; and so it is with our attempts to do missionary work!  I am so happy to hear you shared the gospel and I definitely want to hear if anything else happens with the neighbors, or if you find another way to share the gospel. again PMG says:"Members should pray for those who are not members of the Church.They should pray for missionary opportunities to serve those who are not of our faith and share what they believe," so keep on praying for other opportunities and remember the wonderful feeling that comes from sharing the Gospel!!! The Lord has helped you so much with you and your kids, now it's time for you to help His children.

I'm going to send more about my week in another letter. Don't worry about me, they don't kill missionaries in this mission. The people are good. The food they sell on the street is sometimes bad though... watch out for that food... it's a killer...

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment