Monday, January 7, 2013

Little Children and God's Love

I copied this from my study blog:

"I was so happy yesterday at church reflecting on God's love for us.  The five rows in front of us were full of children and youth from our little street consisting of about 12 houses on either side.  Not including my kids, I counted 25 children in those five families!  The kids directly in front of us were especially cute, and we had seen them the night before at Cafe Rio.  They live quite a ways down the street from us and their mother has been attending church for a relatively short amount of time so I hadn't really had a chance to chat with her till last night.  When we got to a good spot in line, and were able to talk, she told me her kid's names and ages, five, three, and one, and I was telling her how cute they were, the three year old little boy walked up to me with his arms stretched out for me to hold him which I happily did, and then the five year old, who was about the size of the three year old did the same thing, and I scooped her up too.  They were so cute and so full of love, and it was fun to just hold and talk to them.  Then Miriam turned around and I asked the little girl if she would like Miriam to hold her.  As Miriam held and showed off the little girl to the rest of the family, the little boy and I talked and visited.  He pointed to words on the menu and as he pointed, I'd say the word and he'd repeat it.  We talked about how the tortilla cooker goes round and round, and admired the little quesadilla they made for him.  Anyway, needless to say, it was so fun, and as I sat behind all those children and youth in church I thought about this priceless manifestation of God's love for us.  I just sat there full of joy as I pondered on their innocence and love and on the love God must have for us, allowing us to care for them."

This experience makes me even happier to be a grandma and that I got to see our little Lily at Christmas and get to see her again next month!  




1 comment: