Friday, January 4, 2013

Jan 1--Matt's Last Letter


Hey, sorry, we went to the beach yesterday and so I couldn't write. Right now we are using our hour of lunch to write you all, don't worry about us not getting to eat, we already have plans to take home food.
Mom, well I do have some new goals and they are to develop charity for everyone, start exercising faith and to truly repent from past mistakes. We'll have to see how that works. Thank you for the nice long letter, I really enjoy it, it gives me a good look at what has been happening with the family. What was in this pocket daddy kit that you gave to Emerson? Send me the comics that Thomas made about you! I wanna see them!

Katrina, thank you for that informative letter thingy you wrote me, I know now that your life is full of fun adventures haha. Joking joking... yeah, we will have to play a little when I get back. don't play too much, ok? get out into the sun or your brains are gunna turn into slush. :)

Miriam, I agree, she is a lovely little tyke. Well, I think that she lives closer to me than she does to you guys... we'll have to see. I hope you do well in your final semester as a nonadult. How are you? I am doing well, what did Santa give your for Christmas? Wait... don't surprise me... clothes right? :) I hope that you got all that you wanted.

Thomas, wow, I could never quite learn my lines, so good for you! how is everything going with the family? are you still writing comics or did you give it up? tell me the down low on everyone? well, let's see if you answer my questions this week.... haha love you bud.

Dad, well I did tell you that tablets are for rich people exactly for that reason, they can't do what a computer can and they are expensive, or they were when I left. Really, you aren't taking a technological step backwards, rather you are taking an intellectual step forward. Well, I'm glad that you say that I'm in the ''missionary spirit.'' Shouldn't we all be? I'm trying to apply what you said about looking at the good and not the bad. The way I look at it is with out the Lord, we are all condemned to spiritual death, it doesn't really matter if someone is a little more ''condemned'' than we are, we aren't really in a place to judge them. As for the reunion, that sounds cool. l'd be up for it. as long as we can get out in the water and stuff, I'm realizing now that it's not really where you are that makes it fun, it's what you do. hahaha. Track your goals, or else you will forget about them.

Well, we spent the New Year painting a house. It was very fun and I liked it. We also got to talk to a guy that was a little bit tipsy about the Book of Mormon. We went to the beach, really there wasn't much there to do for missionaries.... so we left but we got back too late to finish all of the things we needed to do. This week we actually found a lot of people, so I'm very excited about that. If nothing goes wrong, we are going to baptize a boy named Angel (you say it like: aanghell, sorry but that's how you say it) His mom is a member of the church, his older brother is too.

So I’m finding out more and more that according to other missionaries I'm very ''strict'' they call that being a fariseo (I forgot how to say that in English farasee?) but it doesn't really matter to me because I know that I am just following the Lord's rules. (Moses 1:39,D+C11:20 read them both and put an ''and'' in between them) and I know that the Lord will bless me if I do all that he says. I love you all and I hope that you are doing well, I am looking forward for a year of fun and challenges! There are many mountains to clime, and if we are prepared, there are many lessons to be learned.

We are teaching a few people, we had to leave a few, but that's ok. Right now we are teaching: Raquel, Marisela, Paola, Roxana, Carmen and her kids, Marcos, and Oscar but I might be forgetting someone. I love you all!

P.S. we survived 2012, just wait, they are going to say that this is the year when the world is going to end.
P.P.S I tried to send pictures but, this computer is being dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment