Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oct 3--Email From Matt


Hey everyone!
Thomas, that's really good to hear! thankyou, Mom told me what the coach
said to you, that means the next time that your couch says he wants you to
do something, tell him: ''Don't talk to me.'' Haha, did you eat your cell?
did it taste good? I would love to see that story, send it to me next week
hahah, That's really cool about semenary. It is super helpful, I wish I
would've payed a little more attention in there. Tell me more about what
you do!

Miriam, How is life? are you surviving not working? We met this guy who had
such a bad hernia that they had to pull 3 inches of his intestines out of
his stomach and he doesnt go to the bathroom, he just changes that little
bag that is over his intestines. I thought of you. :) haha, Maybe you
should get your hernia fixed? Everything is going well with me. What do you
do all day? Are you glad that highschool is going to be over after this
year? Who is your favoirite teacher? What is preston doing now that he
doesn't goe to school? Well, I hope you answer my questions. Oh, BTW how is
the truck?

Katrina I thought you already told me that, but I guess I could be wrong.
Why do you want to get into Dr. Who? I always thought it was... cool but
not that cool, Not avatar cool. Shakespear comp! are you gonna tell me how
you did next week?!?! I guess that question will be answered next week
haha. Do you like Ceder City? I thought it was cool but it's sort of far
from everywhere. whatever. Haha

Mom, The red dot on my face has been there for like 3 months now, I might
go to the doctor to see what they say but it's probably not going to go
away by it self. We'll see. Can you help dad with his reports or they about
students? Thankyou for telling me about everything and everyone, I reay
enjoy it.

Dad, yeah, I get what you mean, it is a lot harder like this. The choices
we make can really efect people's lifes. Wow, that sounds like a lot of
fun. Are all of your students like that? Here, (We call them TJs Testigos
de Jeova) the TJ's sometimes help us, they yell at the people, and after
that we are nice haha, Don't let work get you too down. I'm sure that you
are helping your student's lives change.

Well, I don't have a ton of time but there is one experience that happend
that was very... touching this week. We went to the chapple sunday, and we
have a rule as a mission, if there aren't any investigators in sacrament
meeting, we take the sacrament and then leave. That happend this last week,
so there wasn't anyone there, so we left and we got on a bus (Most of the
people here don't have cars and there is a bus system that they use
instead) and we went to the house of an investigator. She had been to
church once and was sure that she was going to go this sunday. We knocked
on the door, she answered it. We came in asked her why she didn't goe, she
said that it was because she woke up late, and that she didn't have enough
money to take the bus to the chapple and pay off a small debt that she had
to pay. We talked to her for a bit, asked her if she had faith, and then we
asked her to make that sacrifice. The spirit was so strong there. We made a
promis that we didn't know how, but God would make everything work out
that: Todo iba a salir bien. We knew what we were saying was true. She did
too. She was quiet for a minute, said, ''ok'' went into her room, cried,
changed, came out, washed her face, and we walked to the street where the
buses pass and watched as she payed money that she didn't have to get on
the bus and come to church. I still don't know what happend. Yesterday
seemed like it was 2 years long. it's times like that when you have to be
firm that you are doing God's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment