Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oct 15--Email from Matt


Dad, I think I'll answer your letter first because it was last. We
don't actually report the hours we are out on the street, just the amount of
lessons, if there was a member present, and other things like that. Do I
get tired by Sunday night? Ummmm... I'm mostly just always tired but still
willing to work. haha, We work a lot more through references and things
like that, here we hardly knock on doors, we just talk to people on the
street. In a good day we spend more time teaching and less time walking. A
fun thing to do on p-day is.. clean the house or just talk, but yeah, we
are going to go to carls Jr today i think. I don't know, The other thing is
that we hardly ever go into centro(downtown), we are in a residential area,
and really they don't make a lot of hand made things here, well at least
that I've seen. I know our area very well, I didn't have too much trouble,
and I can usually find my way around even in places that I've never been
because there are always people out on the street and they are very
friendly and always try to tell us where stuff is even if they don't know.
haha, Home teaching is actually very important, more so when your family is
in-active. In the ward here, they hardly ever do home teaching and it's
something that we desperately need. Thanks
Mom, well last time you wrote about a Christmas package, I can't really
think of anything except for maybe... peanut butter. that would be awesome.
also maybe 17 miracles and the first vision (in Spanish) any other free
church video that you can find in Spanish that you can download for free.
just stick them on a DVD and send it to me, in .avi format or .vga (vga if
you can)... that's about it, surprise me, I'll like anything you send. I
guess that is coming up here huh? Thank you for the letter!
Thomas, well that sounds pretty pesado, (heavy) I hope you start to feel
better Mom says that you now have a nerdy inhaler, I'd buy dorky glasses
and then walk around school with the glasses and taking swiggs of your
inhaler. Get used to wearing a suit ok? haha
Katrina, That's great! it always rocks when you pull something off when you
don't think you can. I say sometimes it's better than if you had more time.
WATCH CONFERENCE! now please. haha, I guess the good thing about 2 temples
in Provo is that you wont have to wait as much. So what play is up next?
Miriam, You are not a loser.  So, what are some of your hopes and dreams?
Do you remember all of those demodivational posters we would look at? or
was that with Jon? Hey, is my long board still in the house? Ride it some
time.
Hi so this week, well I really felt like it was yesterday that I was in
here writing you all. That, more than anything else, scares me about the
mission, it is going too fast. Thank heavens I still have a long ways to
go. I wrote back to the priests quorum but I have no way to know if they
got my letter, so if you could ask Steve in like 2 weeks if he got the
letter that would be great, or just tell me if he tells you. Anyways, what
did we do this week, well we found a less active family and we started
visiting them, they have an 11 year old daughter that hasn't been baptised
so we are hoping to get her baptised and spring the family back into
activeness. They are really great people. Dalia has finally had her baby, her name is Yamilet (yeah-me-let) and she is super
tiny and super cute but not as cute as Lilly. haha We are still striving to
be better, re-evaluating the way we teach and searching for new people.
Sorry that there aren't any pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment