Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Four Weeks in a Nutshell

Well, that's it.  No more letters to or from Matt.  He is home now.  Hooray!  Four days after he arrived, he gave a talk in our ward, and the next day we traveled to visit Emerson, Cassandra, Lily and Baby Christian for two weeks.  We spent the time holding Christian, playing with Lily, doing home improvement projects, eating ice cream, and going out to eat, which Emerson always insisted on paying for.  It was a wonderful visit, and we really miss them all.  Katrina doesn't miss them, though, because she is still there!  Cassandra asked her to stay and help take care of her kids for the summer, so she did.  I talked to them both today, and Katrina really seems to be loving it.

We got home from the trip late Saturday night, and then on Monday morning at 5:30 am I left for girls camp.  It was a wonderful experience, and I am so glad I went.  Unfortunately, at one point, I stepped backward, tripped over a rock, and fell down an incline, tearing my acl.  Two priesthood holders gave me a blessing which I was very grateful for because I had eight presentations to give that night, each one about a different day in the last week of Jesus Christ's life.  Heavenly Father blessed me to be able to do them before Brian took me home.

Brian was very sweet to come get me as soon as he was off work.  Unfortunately, he drove to the girl's camp that is an hour and a half south of our house, and I was at the girl's camp an hour north of our house, but when he found out his mistake, he just headed north and got into camp.  All the other women were impressed that he made the trip without me asking and didn't even get mad when he went to the wrong camp.  He got in to camp that night in time to help me set up my presentations and watch them.  Then he lifted me into his shiny black steed, and carried me home where we lived happily ever after...except I am going crazy sitting around trying to heal, which is why this blog is finally caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment