Thursday, June 26, 2014

Its Thursday

It seems very strange to write when I have no son to write to, but I'll take having him home to that.  Well, it's been a week since I got home from girl's camp, and my knee is doing much better.  I have to be careful, because it is easy to over do it, so the house could be cleaner, but Thomas and especially Matt have done a great job of keeping dishes washed, plants watered, trash taken out, and messes cleaned up.


Miriam has been working every day in the hot sun hoe-ing weeds growing in dry, caked earth, so she comes home pretty tired.  She has been doing it for a week now, and I'm very proud of her for sticking with it--all the other females quit on the first day.


Thomas has also been working every day, and sometimes he has done double shifts.  He's working at the water park as a griller, and he also picked up another job phone calling for the water park.  He really loves working.


Brian is working hard at the laundry although he took off some time yesterday and we drove up to the ski resort for dinner.  It was a beautiful drive, a delicious dinner, and a wonderful time talking to the man I love.  The first few days I was down, I read a book, but when I finished I resolved not to read anymore because I want to be there mentally for my family, so I did indexing one day, and then yesterday I started a fun project on the computer making family history cards like the ones I talk about on my family history blog.  Like I said, it's really fun, and I don't have to feel guilty for doing it because I can't do much else.




Matt hasn't worked at all since we've been home, but he's been tons of help around here.  He's signed on to some temp agencies, and I've really been praying that he'll get work.  Yesterday they called with a warehouse job for him, but he was reading his scriptures and had his phone turned down.  He ended up going disc golfing with Thomas, Jon, and his friend, Adam.  This morning, Matt got a call again, and this time he got it.  The job is about 40 minutes away and it entails stacking boxes, but like Matt says, it's a job.


Katrina really seems to be enjoying herself at Cassandra's house.  Miriam, Matt, and I Skyped with her for quite awhile the other day.  We also sent her a package the other day so she has a bit more of her stuff, now.  They all celebrated Emerson's birthday this week which sounds like fun.  Cassandra and Katrina are into some "dressing according to your personality" book.  It can't remember its name, but I think it's pretty popular right now.  My sister Elizabeth read it, too.  Cassandra says she'll loan it to me on my Kindle.  I told them that if I get anymore restrictions on what I can wear, I'll be wearing nothing.  That scary thought might have dissuaded her from loaning it because I haven't heard any more on the subject.


Me being down with nothing to do is a dangerous thing, especially with a smart phone in my hand, because I start shopping for toys.  I think Cassandra was a little dumbfounded when I told her I'd bought this for Lily:



I can't imagine why, ha ha.  I also looked up doctor kits for Lily since she watches a Daniel the Tiger cartoon, which is a spin off of Mr. Roger's neighborhood, and Dr. Anna on the show has a doctor's kit.  Katrina said she thought Lily would enjoy having a kit like Dr. Anna.  So after studying doctor kits, I bid on one on ebay.  I won the bid, and it shipped yesterday.


Item picture



The activity gym I want to buy for Christian is $50, so I told Katrina to keep her eyes out for one at the baby consignment store where they live.  Poor Christian is not a happy baby these days.  Cassandra says she thinks he has gas, poor little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment