Monday, December 3, 2012

Nov 26--Matt's Last Letter


Hey,
Hi mom, I am doing well, thank you again for your nice long letter about
the week, I always enjoy reading it. I don't really use the money that
much, I did in my last area because the bus money ran out, but really you
would be surprised at how little I need to have to get along comfortably in
life, to come over to La Paz, I took one suitcase with my pillow in it and
mostly cloths, I couldn't think of anything else to use. Also we have to
use ATMs here because they usually don't accept cards. No, my present
didn't get here yet, I don't think that there will be any problem with
Skype here, they have a pretty stable Internet connection here. I don't
know why you think I need so much stuff haha, what would I buy here? I did
see some things that you guys might want as souvenirs but I couldn't take
pictures. anyway, I don't remember if you had any other questions.
Katrina: That's pretty impressive with the target thing! I'm really glad
that you had a great time with the family! Let's see, what did I do for
thanksgiving? I ate Oreos with milk.... that's about it haha. I didn't even
realise that it was thanksgiving until night time. Man, it's hard to
remember how to write in English. :P Tell me about your life and stuff!
Miriam, First things first, I hope I am not losing my sister to that
''Hipster'' crowd... I'll have to have a talk with Preston about that haha.
(I'm joking, mom sent me a picture of ya'll and ya'll look great) To answer
your question: ''Am I in one of the most beautiful places on earth?'' If I
am, there are a lot more cactuses here than I thought there would be...
haha, no I don't know, we are always far away from the beach here. Thank
you for telling me about your week, I love hearing what is going on with
you.
Thomas, Just remember that the computer really sucks your life away,
Looking back now in all of the times when you would ask me if I wanted to
play sports with you and I said: ''No,'' I wish I would've said ''Yes''
now. How is it going in school for you? Also to write a blog, you have to
actually get out and do stuff haha! so go out and do stuff! haha, I have
been telling Elder Trejo that when I get back, I'm not going to play video
games anymore.
Dad, That's some... news the
re about Grandma, Mom talked about it a little
bit too, that means that it is probably really hard on you guys. Maybe
Grandma has something on her mind that she feels like she needs to finish
before she goes and maybe that's why she has been hanging on so long, maybe
you could put her in contact with the Bishop or something like that. Dad, I
would love to see you too but that would be something really bad, haha
don't do it! La Paz or at least the part I'm in right now is not that
pretty and there is a ton of sand everywhere. I came here in plane it
costed about 25$, no I can't stay here after my mission but I'd love to
come back, we could probably travel to sinaloa in bus and then hop over to
La Paz, it'd be cheaper. haha, Dad, I haven't even been here for a year yet
don't think about that stuff!

Anyway, so Manuel has disappeared from off the face of the earth, that
isn't that uncommon here, and it probably means that he doesn't want to
talk to us any more so he is avoiding us. We are trying to find the people
that need and want to hear us, it is a hard thing to do sometimes and
requires that we always have a vision of all of the time that we are going
to spend here because sometimes we have to do something that isn't even
going to help us in the short run. Sorry if I use some weird phrases or
something like that, having a Mexican companion is really taking it out of
my English. Right now it's all about keeping that missionary fire, because
it can be hard to keep a good attitude after a few days of looking and not
teaching much. We have had to look at ourselves, our companionship and how
we are working, very closely to see what the Lord wants us to change or
improve so that we can bring His children back to him.
The picture I'm sending is the only picture I took this week, woops haha
sorry I forget to take pictures... I'll try harder next week but, don't
expect too much.

Elder Trejo and La Paz
P.S. The camera is awesome and perfect for missionary work because I can take a picture of the map and then use it like a little portable map. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment